Critique Hardward Choice - First Unraid build

ak888

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/ak888/saved/wCkjyc

Basically a mini-itx build with a H370 chipset, Core i5-8600 (or similar).

Use case: Replace a QNap 459 Pro with 4x2Tb, a N36L Microserver with 5x2Tb running Ubuntu Server LTS. Apps are OpenHAB, MariaDB, SabNZBd, Medusa (sickrage fork), Tranmission, a Wiki, Cops OPDS, Webserver with a couple of sites, SAMBA share, NFS Share, TimeMachine, CrashPlan client, and some other minor apps.

Main question is whether the motherboard can support the 6 SATA and also 2 NVMe M.2 drives at the same time. I understand that some boards lose a SATA when using an M.2 SATA, but I have selected NVMe. Not 100% sure.

Are these solid choices to run UnRaid? Any concerns? I have never used UnRaid and like the idea of something that just works with minimal tinkering and the availability of either VM's or Dockers.

36 minutes ago, ak888 said:

Main question is whether the motherboard can support the 6 SATA and also 2 NVMe M.2 drives at the same time. I understand that some boards lose a SATA when using an M.2 SATA, but I have selected NVMe. Not 100% sure.

Board only has one M.2 slot, and if used with a NVMe device all 6 SATA ports can be used at the same time, but for a second M.2 device you'd need a PCIe adapter.