ata<x>.00: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0xffffffff SErr 0x0 action 0x6 frozen

_0m0t3ur

Attached logs.

I'm getting this error on both of my Samsung 860 EVO cache drives (BTRFS cache pool) upon running TRIM.  Initially, the cache drives were connected to my onboard SAS (LSI 2008), but apparently TRIM is not supported via this connection.  So I bought a PCIe 2xSATA card from the unRAID approved hardware list.  It's an IO Crest SY-PEX40039.  I also bought new cables from CableCreations on Amazon.  I tested the cables on a standard HDD with no issues.

From my searching, it sounds like these errors are least likely from a bad SSD drive and more likely a problem with the cables or the PCIe SATA card.  What do you see as the real problem/solution?

Thanks in advance.  Any guidance is appreciated.

diagnostics-20180928-1406.zip

Edited by _0m0t3ur

Thanks for chiming in.  I really do appreciate you.  As for the "problem" at hand, it's just plain weird.  A week ago, I used a couple cheap cables I had lying around.  I got some error or other.  I ran TRIM several times, and the main cache drive sorted out, so no errors.  But the second cache drive had the same error persist.  I figured the second cable was bad.  So, I bought new cables and ran TRIM.  I got errors on both drives.  I posted here and then remembered the thing about running TRIM a couple times.  So I did that and now errors are absent for both cache drives.  I don't know why.  Lol.