[Plugin] Network Stats

dorgan

5 minutes ago, dorgan said:

I can add that to the setup to see if it helps.

Let's see if it works for MMW first.  I just have a hunch because I gave the user/group that runs the plugin write access to the .pid file and the next time I installed the plugin it worked perfectly after previously giving the same error.

Just now, MMW said:

Spot on working perfectly now.

thanks for the plugin.

It takes it a bit to start building up numbers.

Did you ever have to change permissions on vnstat.pid from the running user/group to write?  I want to make sure that the developer has as much feedback as possible for troubleshooting.

1 minute ago, prongATO said:

It takes it a bit to start building up numbers.

Did you ever have to change permissions on vnstat.pid from the running user/group to write?  I want to make sure that the developer has as much feedback as possible for troubleshooting.

The daemon runs as root so it should have access to that folder, without changing permissions

4 minutes ago, dukiethecorgi said:

manually copied from from /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/networkstats/vnstat.conf to /etc/vnstat.conf and it started working. (the b version)

then saw the update to c version and still working

Thanks!

Yup should be rock solid now. ::knock on wood::

[mention=78375]dorgan[/mention]I just uninstalled, did not restart server and installed the new version. It's not working for me yet. I have to enable the vnstat again. I went to the terminal and it looks like there's a new one? I Don't know
image.png.a101e484f7c53614279bd495b2808ffb.png

Try the manual copy, let me know if that works. Very odd
20 hours ago, dorgan said:

@MMW does /mnt/user/appdata exist on your system?

What are you storing in appdata?  If its simply the settings for the plugin (which adapters to monitor), then store it on the flash drive, as that location is a constant on all systems, and is where plugin settings are expected to be stored.

2 hours ago, dorgan said:

I will work on making this adjustable for the next release.

If you must store within appdata, then your best bet would be the default appdata location that can be found within /boot/config/docker.cfg

I have the 9/29/2018 version running and then did the 2018.10.06c update. Not the vnstat is no longer running. 

I did go to the plugin settings and tried to click "Start". No luck.

Edited by Wayne66
Forgot to mention I tried to start vnstat service