[SOLVED] NextCloud - how can I access unraid share files

Anne

I have NextCloud up and running  and so far so good.

What I need to find out is ...

.....   How do I get a folder in NextCloud to show data (files),  located in a unraid disk directory, or unraid share,

Thanks,

Anne

I have tried using the add on "external storage" and can not get it to recognize the "path" to the directory that contains my files

Still trying....  any help ??

MORE DETAILS..........................................

I have NextCloud installed with the NextCloud data container as a share called 'cloud'

Data entered into NextCloud goes into this area and is great.

WHAT I WOULD LIKE ............................................

---  I would like to have a FOLDER  in NextCloud  "point" to a unraid share OR a specific directory on the unraid server.

The result would be that opening the NextCloud folder gives access to the data within the disk or share  external to NextCloud.

example: I would like the unraid share on my server called  "UNRAID-A "   to be visible through the NextCloud Folder called   "NextCloud-A"

WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR ...............................................

I added the App "External Storages"  to NextCloud.

I entered the following information into the NextCloud App called External Storages

Folder Name               NextCloud-A

External Storage        LOCAL

Authentication            Left Blank    (No Authentication)

Configuration              This box is where I added the  "path"  information

-  I tried to add the  "path" to the unraid share called   UNRAID-A

-  I tried to add the  "path" to the unraid server disk directory,  called   UNRAID-A   on the hard disk...

Available For               Left Blank     (All Users)

The External Storages App created the Folder called "NextCloud-A"  within  NextCloud,  however the folder does not show any files.

and when entering the folder I get the error message:

There was an error with message: Empty response from the server. Do you want to review mount point config in admin settings page?

I assume the error message refers to the "path"  information  in the  "configuration"  box of the  External Storages app

I hope that is clear enough for someone to help..

Thanks,

Anne

==========================================================================================================

[SOLVED]

THANKS to

CHBMB,

Squid,

&

Chrysen

With you all pointing me in the right direction, I have it working !!!!

All that is left is fine tuning

Anne

Edited by Anne
[SOLVED]

Without being 100% sure what your need is, I will give it a try. Your data folder is where all files are stored, if you are using "linuxserver/nextcloud" it is specified under the "Host Path 2:". Adding files to this folder manually (via SMB/NFS) will not automatically add the files to NextCloud. You need to use the build in WEBDAV protocol in NextCloud.

I hope it helps. :)

/Alphahelix

• Thanks 1

Nothing is stopping you from asking the question in the support thread.

21 minutes ago, Anne said:

just respond to topics already existing......

The reason for this is so that the people who are able to answer the questions don't have to look through the entire forum and read every post.  Every question related to NextCloud (or any docker / plugin app) has its own specific support thread to make life a ton easier for the authors / maintainers.

THANKS to

CHBMB,

Squid,

&

Chrysen

With you all pointing me in the right direction, I have it working !!!!

All that is left is fine tuning

Anne

• 1 year later...
On 9/30/2018 at 12:32 AM, Chrysen said:

In Nextcloud Docker Container Settings, add your Path 

ex    /mnt/usr/xxx/Music (unraid)     /Music  (Docker Container)

And install External Storage Devices APP in Nextcloud, here ypu can settup your Folder /Music  (and you can choise the sharing Options.)

@Chrysen Thanks for this info! This was already installed in the latest version of NextCloud. I just had to enable it.

image.png.75609b732d094a8d7925dd094729a9c9.png

image.thumb.png.13b350479efa87ae64b73bf72715265c.png

image.png.78d6d710e08724d901c3d16f9687b625.png

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...