Dual e5-2667 v2 + 1080 ti, worth it?

takkkkkkk

I've been thinking about upgrading the current unraid rig that has Core i5 4590S with 32GB of RAM and bunch of IBM SAS PCIs. This rig was fine 3 years ago, but now, processor load is pretty much maxed out all day especially when I have multiple people streaming plex, and it can barely handle 3 windows VMs.

Since I’m upgrading the unraid server I’m thinking about also getting rid of my gaming PC that has 4790K, Nvidia 980, 32GB RAM and consolidate into the new unraid rig.

In terms of the new unraid box, I’m considering to get Dual e5-2667 v2 on GIGABYTE GA-7PESH2 (going to follow the good old JDM_WAAAT community) with 128GB of 1866 DDR3 and 1080 ti.

Now, since LGA2011 is 7 year old socket, and 2667 is 5 year old, and only supports DDR3, I cannot re-use any of these parts in the future… Do you guys think going with Dual e5-2667 v2 + 1080 ti is worth it??

Do you guys think I can do better? I need SAS, and I would like to have impi and 10GbE