UPS load @ 50%

drawde

I have a CyberPower CP1000PFCLCD UPS for my main desktop, unraid server and a network switch. I'm not sure about full load but about half load on my desktop and rebuilding a drive in unraid, my UPS is reporting about 45-50% load and about a 6-8 minute runtime. Is this good enough or is it time to upgrade my UPS? I just need to survive quick power blips and enough time to turn off my desktop and unraid server.

9 minutes ago, drawde said:

6-8 minute runtime

Sure not enough or safe. As you got CP1000PFCLCD, does all stuff use ~700W ? Pls also check does battery have problem too.

FYR, my 2 Unraid + desktop + Networking ... full load  ~600W

If your UPS support large battery and long run, then you may think expand battery capacity.

Edited by Benson
7 minutes ago, Benson said:

Sure not enough or safe. As you got CP1000PFCLCD, does all stuff use ~700W ? Pls also check does battery have problem too.

FYR, my 2 Unraid + desktop + Neworking ... full load  ~600W

yes definitely the battery is due to be replaced and is actually on order right now. apcupsd is reporting about 6 minutes @ 342 Watt (57.0%). i don't remember what the runtime was when i first got the UPS. i'm assuming i could expect a better runtime with a new battery?

Depends on power usage need and how long you want to protect. You may choice some UPS with build in enough battery capacity or select some smaller battery capacity but have external battery ( must long run capable ) add on.

But those won't small footprint / space need.

Haven't recommendations as not family what kind of product in market now.

Edited by Benson