Revert GUI look back to 6.5 look

The new GUI and Forum design is absolutely horrendous to look at and super hard on my eyes. I'm getting headaches non stop from the new look. Can someone please tell me how to revert the look in unraid back to what it previously looked like. If there is no way to do so can Lime Tech please add a way. The new design is absolutely horrible!

The only way to get the previous GUI style back is to revert to the previous release!

Have you tried the different forum and GUI themes in case one of them suits you better?    There are also some GUI themes produced by users (see the User Customisations sub-forum)

If none of the above suit you then I think the best thing to do is make some suggestions about how particular aspects of the new themes could be improved without suggesting scrapping them altogether.

Edited by itimpi
28 minutes ago, crazycam425 said:

How do you change the gui theme?

Oh I see it, it's called Dynamix Color Theme. They are no better unfortunately. Couldn't Lime Tech add the old styling back as a theme option?

Limetech/Bonienl have stated the GUI is a work in progress and that not much time was available to match the new branding in the GUI before release.  They are certainly willing to make changes and have already implemented minor tweaks (including one I asked for) in 6.6.1 and upcoming releases.

For every "new GUI/forum is horrible" post there are others who say "great job, love the new look and branding."  This is definitely a case of can't please everyone which is usually the result when significant changes are made.

They have also stated that they are not likely to respond well to "the new look is horrible" posts without specific feedback on things you would like to see changed and how.

When it comes to the forum, they listened to those who wanted a white theme, but, again, they are getting tired of those who make statements like "you paid for that?" or "I am a website developer and I would never have done things that way."  I don't know if much more will change with the forum, but, they are actively listening to constructive feedback on the GUI.

I have no idea if the previous GUI design will be implemented as an option, but, it has been requested before.

While I appreciate these attempts to create a uniform identity for the unRAID website and webUI, I am also of the opinion that the 6.5 theme of the webUI agrees with my sense of aesthetics much better. If there were a way to turn the 6.5 UI into one of the options in Display Settings, I'd be quite happy about it. The new theme is too stark, to my eyes, and much less elegant. It is this subtle elegance which I have come to appreciate about the 6.5 theme...its better readability, the result of a more plain font and less extreme color contrasts, and its color choices which elicited a more airy look and feel (black and orange are by nature more aggressive than green, white and grey).

What's the feasibility of including the 6.5 theme as a display option again?

Is there a tutorial for creating custom themes for unRAID anywhere? I'd love to take a shot at it, just to see what's possible. As a UI/UX designer myself, even though I can appreciate the importance of maintaining a consistent corporate ID when it comes to the various products of a company, I also love the challenge of working within those confines and explore how one can work within those confines to come up with something that may be more agreeable than what the company initially intended or came up with. There is nothing inherently wrong with orange and black, but having an all-black header background sets an extreme stage for the menu-system of the 6.6 webUI. The other options have other issues, such as the gradated drop-downs which look downright gaudy to me...very 90's.

Well, it was pointed out that the design team didn't have the time necessary to complete their vision, so maybe things will improve (I trust that they will, as most things tend to do with unRAID development from version to version), but if there is a way to take matters into ones own hands and instructions exist about how to accomplish this, I'd love for someone to point me in the right direction.