[6.6.1] Any way to monitor CPU temp (Solved)

Hey all,

Just curious if there is anyway built in or on the roadmap to monitor cpu temps? and if not is there a plugin thats compatible with the latest version that would work.

I did see a post that mentioned opening a terminal and typing sensors but that only gives me the temp of my HBA

Edited by Blindsay
18 hours ago, Squid said:

Dynamix System Temp. 

got it installed but when i click 'detect' nothing happens (and i have perl installed)

for reference,

motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING-CF

Cpu: Ryzen 7 2700X

Edited by Blindsay
14 hours ago, david279 said:

Type it87 and hit detect

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

still nothing

edit: just to make sure im not messing something up, this is my output when i run sensors

k10temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
Tdie:         +42.5°C  (high = +70.0°C)
Tctl:         +52.5°C

I assumed thats my HBA but i wanted to make sure

edit2: not sure how i managed it but detect wasnt working, but i typed in it87 hit save, then hit load drives and now when i run sensors from the console i get

it8792-isa-0a60
Adapter: ISA adapter
in0:          +0.80 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +2.78 V)
in1:          +0.60 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +2.78 V)
in2:          +1.06 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +2.78 V)
+3.3V:        +1.68 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +2.78 V)
in4:          +1.80 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +2.78 V)
in5:          +1.50 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +2.78 V)
in6:          +2.78 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +2.78 V)  ALARM
3VSB:         +1.67 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +2.78 V)
Vbat:         +1.68 V
temp1:        +39.0°C  (low  = +127.0°C, high = +127.0°C)  sensor = thermistor
temp2:        -55.0°C  (low  = +127.0°C, high = +127.0°C)  sensor = Intel PECI
temp3:        +30.0°C  (low  = +127.0°C, high = +127.0°C)  sensor = thermistor

temp1/2/3 dont seem to change at all

Edited by Blindsay
  • 3 years later...
On 10/7/2018 at 12:25 AM, Blindsay said:

edit2: not sure how i managed it but detect wasnt working, but i typed in it87 hit save, then hit load drives and now when i run sensors from the console i get

This just worked for me (v6.9.2). Clicking 'Detect' fills 'Available Drivers' field with "it87 k10temp". if you leave that, then i have no options for CPU temp, or fan speeds. If you just delete 'k10temp' OR 'it87' (i.e. only have one, not both) from the field and Save/Load Drivers, then I got all the options for board, CPU, and Fan speeds available. Weird, huh? It's like a formatting or html list code error - like the two options should show up as a drop-down, so you can pick one, but it instead just populates as as single/concatenated text string in that Available Drivers field.
Not sure how to make the higher-ups aware of this? but if anyone reads this and knows how - please ping the team for us/me. Cheers.

Edited by CouchPawTayTow
  • 1 month later...
On 10/26/2021 at 5:53 PM, CouchPawTayTow said:

This just worked for me (v6.9.2). Clicking 'Detect' fills 'Available Drivers' field with "it87 k10temp". if you leave that, then i have no options for CPU temp, or fan speeds. If you just delete 'k10temp' OR 'it87' (i.e. only have one, not both) from the field and Save/Load Drivers, then I got all the options for board, CPU, and Fan speeds available. Weird, huh? It's like a formatting or html list code error - like the two options should show up as a drop-down, so you can pick one, but it instead just populates as as single/concatenated text string in that Available Drivers field.
Not sure how to make the higher-ups aware of this? but if anyone reads this and knows how - please ping the team for us/me. Cheers.

I tried both of these methods (detect and entering these values), but I'm still getting the same 36C temps (plus or minus two degrees), even at 100% load. That can't be right. All I'm seeing for temp options are two k10temp entries, three nvme entries, and two ethernet entries; I don't see any options for array fans.