ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 - somewhat negative results

This board has 6 SATA 6Gb/s ports, 2 PCI-E x16 slots and 1 PCI-E x4 slot which could be used for controllers. Unfortunately I had network and freezing problems with this board, apparently IRQ conflicts: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=7683.0  The problems seemed to go away by turning off all onboard functions besides LAN, but that is not ideal for me and I did not try to isolate the source of the conflict. The board's chipsets are 890FX north, SB850 south, Realtek 8111E NIC. I didn't see other successful builds using Realtek 8111E in the wiki.

I have since tried the similar Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H and have yet to encounter the same problem. This one uses Realtek 8111D instead.

Update: my supplier tested the board and concluded that it was defective. So my experience with the board may not say anything about its compatibility with UnRAID except perhaps something about its quality control.

• 1 month later...