Slow reads 474 kb to 20mb

MrBrac

30 minutes ago, MrBrac said:

how Would i do that? my cache drive is not full though it has 199gb free. 

I can't answer about your cache drive. I just see a lot of errors in your syslog that say "shfs: cache disk full".

For your LSI card go to this site and download the 20.00.07.00 firmware package for MSDOS and Windows. It must be that specific version. DO NOT GET 20.00.00.00, it will produce drive read errors. https://www.broadcom.com/support/download-search/?pg=Legacy+Products&pf=Legacy+Host+Bus+Adapters&pn=SAS+9211-8i+Host+Bus+Adapter&pa=Firmware&po=&dk=

After that create a bootable USB drive and copy the files sas2flsh.exe, firmware file 2118it.bin, and optionally the BIOS file mptsas2.rom (only if you would like to be able to boot from the LSI card). Roughly follow the directions here, replace the references to filenames with the newer ones you copied to your flash drive.: https://www.broadcom.com/support/knowledgebase/1211161495925/flash-upgrading-firmware-on-lsi-sas-hbas-upgraded-firmware-on-92

Ignore the parts about the old firmware versions. If you chose not to flash the BIOS to the card you can omit "-b mptsas2.rom" from your sas2flsh statement. The BIOS is NOT required to run this card from Unraid. It is only required if you wish one day boot a different OS from this card.

11 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

You'll probably need to add UEFI booter and get the sas2flsh.efi program. You can get those files from the package available on this site: https://techmattr.wordpress.com/2016/04/11/updated-sas-hba-crossflashing-or-flashing-to-it-mode-dell-perc-h200-and-h310/

On that page there is a link to the file LSI-9211-8i.zip that contains the files you'll need.

I booted EFI and got that , I am having trouble finding my usb.

8 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

You're having trouble UEFI booting it?

I forgot the whole /efi/boot then i got so tired lol i forgot the files. But now I just did it. So lets see if speeds increase. If not then I got look at cache drive issue. Its not like 270 to 345mb hell yeah. Thanks a lot.

2 minutes ago, MrBrac said:

I forgot the whole /efi/boot then i got so tired lol i forgot the files. But now I just did it. So lets see if speeds increase. If not then I got look at cache drive issue. Its not like 270 to 345mb hell yeah. Thanks a lot.

Glad you got that figured out. I’m an IT professional and I seem to always sweat bullets whenever I’m doing firmware updates.

5 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

Glad you got that figured out. I’m an IT professional and I seem to always sweat bullets whenever I’m doing firmware updates.

I am a programmer and you have every right to sweat. It can be dangerous , I was nervous too. Some people said disconnect drives lol I was like screw that. I just made sure I was in right block or w/e. What about the cache. I am not sure I ever even had reads this fast before the lsi.

Just now, johnnie.black said:

Depends on your needs, topically 2 to 10GB is good, since each share's minimum free space takes precedence, but depending on how you use your cache, for example if there are vdisks that can grow substantially, you should set it higher.

I am using cache to house some of my vms. Ideally one windows and one mac.

Archived