Parity Check not following Scheduled parity check: unraid 6.6.1

Rather new install maybe 3 weeks old. I got all my data moved over, but every day I check I see Parity Check is running or has ran. I have tried setting it to weekly, monthly and disabled and every day its still running.

Here is a screen shot of it disabled, was like this today and it still ran Parity Check. Whats going on?

crvYrBs.png

When Unraid starts or stops the array, it writes that start/stop status to flash. If anything prevents it writing the stopped status when shutting down, you get an unclean shutdown and then a parity check after boot.

You mention a known power outage (get an UPS), but is it possible you are having other outages you don't know about? Is your BIOS configured to boot after power is restored (I don't recommend this BIOS setting).

Another thing that can happen with some systems is the USB port just drops the connection to the flash drive after Unraid has already mounted it at boot. After that happens, it can't save the status, or indeed anything else like changes you make in the webUI.

And an unclean shutdown can also result in flash corruption since Unraid doesn't have a chance to unmount it.

Put your flash in your PC and let it checkdisk. Then try booting from another USB port, preferably USB2.