What's Upgrade Path from 5.0 rc12a?

topcat989

Like the title says. I've been busy so I've not messed with unRAID for a long time. I use the media server all the time, but stopped tinkering with it years ago. Now I wonder if I should upgrade to current unRAID OS. I have original 2 key full license.  The hardware is one of those HP microServers:

HP 658553-001 ProLiant N40L Ultra Micro Tower Server System AMD Turion II Neo N40L 1.5GHz  w/4GB RAM

I have 5 drives in it (full, only holds 5):

Parity: 4TB

Drive 1: 4TB

Drive 2: 2TB

Drive 3: 2TB

Drive 4: 2TB

Not looking to upgrade at the moment even though server is 98% full, as funds are tight.

Since I've been out of the loop on unRAID for at least 3 years (maybe longer) what do you guys think?

I'll start researching the forums here but any advice/thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Newer versions of unraid are 64bit only. You should check to make sure your hardware supports that first. I am not certain at what version unraid switched away from 32bit, since it has been so long (multiple years now).

The wiki link has this as the first steps, so be sure to follow that section closely.

• Like 1