[SOLVED] All user shares have disappeared from unRAID GUI

I am at a complete loss here as to what to do here.

None of the shares show up in thr unRAID GUI after a reboot even though all the data is physically still visible when I browse the contents of each disk.

I am aware of the errors introduced in the 6.6 kernal though this is not being fixed after rebooting the server.

I have been unable to create any new shares, I get an error message that says the new share has been deleted the moment the new share is created.

If anyone can help here that would be amazing.

I have attached the diagnostic file to see if that helps.

unraid-diagnostics-20181008-0144.zip

Edited by lifeandfate
Additional information
  • Upvote 1
12 hours ago, lifeandfate said:

I am aware of the errors introduced in the 6.6 kernal though this is not being fixed after rebooting the server.

Are you referring to the kernel/FUSE bug that causes /mnt/user and NFS shares to disappear or something else?

If it is the former, a reboot usually causes the shares to reappear temporarily, but, in a matter of minutes, they could disappear again.  If a reboot does not restore your shares even temporarily, the cause may be something else in your case.

Yes I was referencing the kernel/FUSE bug.

Unfortunately there no matter if I boot the server with the array enabled automatically nor if I boot with it disabled and manually start the array the user shares tab is completely empty without any temporary mention of any prior shares that I had.

I have attached an image that shows what the shares folder looks like upon server start and the error that occurs when a new share is created.

20181008_161059.jpg

20181008_161114.jpg

19 minutes ago, thefivetheory said:

After multiple reboots my shares are back, YMMV...

So you didn't change anything or mess with any settings, just reboot?

Did you ever get the shares to show up temporarily when you first booted your server or did none of your shares ever show up?

This is such an annoying issue, why was the kernal updated in the full 6.6 release if this was a known issue.

1 minute ago, lifeandfate said:

This is such an annoying issue, why was the kernal updated in the full 6.6 release if this was a known issue.

Kernel updates are done to better support the latest hardware, specifically latest AMD processors.

It is also done as mitigation of known linux vulnerability threats.

The NFS issue only became apparent after release, during testing phase this was not seen. Furthermore not everybody has NFS issues, internal testing by Limetech shows their systems to work properly.

15 minutes ago, lifeandfate said:

So you didn't change anything or mess with any settings, just reboot?

Did you ever get the shares to show up temporarily when you first booted your server or did none of your shares ever show up?

I tried stopping the array and stuff, which got stuck, and ended up rebooting a few times. I also uninstalled the Network Statistics app, or something like that, which I'd installed shortly prior to this happening. I also disabled the Recycle Bin plugin. I'm doubtful either of those things was related, but who knows?

21 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Are you running an adblocker and/or anti-virus?

If so, whitelist the GUI.

I've already excluded the GUI from it but I actually can't even access the GUI from the network, only in GUI mode from the server

5 minutes ago, thefivetheory said:

I tried stopping the array and stuff, which got stuck, and ended up rebooting a few times. I also uninstalled the Network Statistics app, or something like that, which I'd installed shortly prior to this happening. I also disabled the Recycle Bin plugin. I'm doubtful either of those things was related, but who knows?

I'm almost 100% sure i just installed the Network Statistics app just before I rebooted and this all started to happen.

Hmmm I wonder... I'm going to remove it and see what happens

• lifeandfate changed the title to (SOLVED) All user shares have disappeared from unRAID GUI
Freaking Network Statistics App.

Uninstalled and rebooted and the server has all of the shares back again.

[mention=75653]thefivetheory[/mention] you are a legend.

Just in case anyone else stumbles upon this thread make sure to uninstall the Network Statistics app and then reboot your server to see if this fixes the problem.

Yes this worked for me too! Uninstalled at rebooted now all working normal!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 1 year later...

I ran into the same problem.  Last night I upgraded my box from the old AMD box to an i7.  (I upgraded my main PC to an i9)  No shares.  I could see all the drives and the data, but not the shares.  I installed the fix common problems plugin and it didn't find anything that looked relevant.  I had probably rebooted at least 6 times in the past 15 hours. I found this thread an uninstalled Network Stats, rebooted, and all my shares are back.

And an update.  They are gone again.  They were probably coming up every time for a minute after the reboot and I wasn't quick enough to notice.  So I'm still stuck.  And I am running on the latest version, etc. etc. I may just put everything back on the old AMD machine and see if it starts working again.  The i7 didn't appear to make any performance increase anyway, I can use it to upgrade the PC in my arcade cabinet.

• 1 month later...

just happened to me on 6.8.3 while copying files from windows using WinSCP a transfer aborted and /mnt/user is gone

array wont stop and i do not have the Network app instaill everyone is talking about

diagnostics attached

root@Freya:/mnt/cache# lsof /mnt/user
lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.shfs file system /mnt/user
      Output information may be incomplete.
lsof: status error on /mnt/user: Transport endpoint is not connected
lsof 4.93.2

root@Freya:/mnt/cache# 

freya-diagnostics-20200507-0229.zip

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] All user shares have disappeared from unRAID GUI
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
29 minutes ago, arich1055077 said:

I'm having this same issue. But I never installed the network stats plugin so idk what to do for troubleshooting. every day or all my shares disappear. Rebooting brings them back but they don't stay for long. Any ideas???

When it happens post your diagnostics in a new thread

1 hour ago, Squid said:

When it happens post your diagnostics in a new thread

How do I get the diagnostics? Also, IDK if it was related or If I was just having bad luck today. But after the last restart I got the disk was unmountable. Followed a process for repairing the XFS file system and got it mounted again and it looks like some of the problems are gone. So If someone still has issues check to see if your XFS file system is corrupted