Shares not showing up, cache drive shows erros

moraleseder

So after a shutdown to move some drives around I have been having all sorts of problems with unraid. Docker service will not start, I have deleted the image and rebooted a few times and nothing. When trying to stop the array, system gets stuck on "Retry to unmount user shares" 

My shares do not show up on the GUI. I believe the issue is the cache drive but I am VERY new to unraid and Linux for that matter. I have also replaced the SATA cables, would really appreciate some help. I have attached my diagnostics 

zeus-diagnostics-20181007-0905.zip

The same thing just happened to me.  Disks are assigned to the array, but there are no shares and the docker service is not running.  I've only been using raid for about 2 weeks, and I spent most of this time moving info from my old server.  Just today I finally started deleting files from the old server so I can clear space to move drives to the unraid server.  I am certainly hoping I don't lose these files.

Everything was working fine until I shut down to add another hard drive.  After I booted everything looked good (I did not check the shares between rebooting and shutting down the array), then I tried to shut down the array to add the new drive.  Instead of the normal shutdown, it got stuck shutting down the array with the message "Retry unmounting user shares".  I waited several minutes, during which time I ensured that no other computers on the network were accessing the shares.  The error message never went away, but eventually the webgui became unresponsive, even though the computer's power light and fans were still on.  Since my system is new I still have a monitor attached.  I turned it on, and the screen appeared as if nothing was wrong.  It was still sitting at the usual login prompt.  Unfortunately I lack the skills to troubleshoot using the console without direction.  Since the webgui remained unresponsive I pressed the power button, at which point the monitor displayed what seemed to be the the usual shutdown.  The only thing I noticed was it seemed to take longer than usual.  This is probably the first time it actually had to wait 90 seconds...

Upon rebooting, the dashboard looked normal, except that the docker apps were not shown at the top.  At first I did not even realize that my shares were gone.  Only when I started searching for the error above did I find this thread.  I checked, and sure enough all my shares are gone.  The array disks still show full so I have shut down the machine hoping to preserve the data on the disks.  Incidentally, when trying to shut down it got stuck again trying to unmount user shares that do not exist.

I honestly do not know when the shares got deleted.  It could have happened when I first turned it off or rebooted to install the hard drive.  I didn't check the shares since it was working before, and I had only turned it off to add the drive.  It did take a long time to shut down, but I just thought it was finishing or closing a process.  Aside from installing the new hard drive, I did recently upgrade to version 6.6.1, and upgrade the NIC.

I've attached the latest log in case it helps.

I guess it's back to square one for me.  I guess I'm gonna start fresh.  I have the parity drive, and the one I just added.  I'm going to create a fresh USB (version 6.6.0 just to be safe), and copy data from the other drives.

unbucket-diagnostics-20181007-2337.zip

1 hour ago, jkBuckethead said:

The same thing just happened to me.  Disks are assigned to the array, but there are no shares and the docker service is not running.  I've only been using raid for about 2 weeks, and I spent most of this time moving info from my old server.  Just today I finally started deleting files from the old server so I can clear space to move drives to the unraid server.  I am certainly hoping I don't lose these files.

Everything was working fine until I shut down to add another hard drive.  After I booted everything looked good (I did not check the shares between rebooting and shutting down the array), then I tried to shut down the array to add the new drive.  Instead of the normal shutdown, it got stuck shutting down the array with the message "Retry unmounting user shares".  I waited several minutes, during which time I ensured that no other computers on the network were accessing the shares.  The error message never went away, but eventually the webgui became unresponsive, even though the computer's power light and fans were still on.  Since my system is new I still have a monitor attached.  I turned it on, and the screen appeared as if nothing was wrong.  It was still sitting at the usual login prompt.  Unfortunately I lack the skills to troubleshoot using the console without direction.  Since the webgui remained unresponsive I pressed the power button, at which point the monitor displayed what seemed to be the the usual shutdown.  The only thing I noticed was it seemed to take longer than usual.  This is probably the first time it actually had to wait 90 seconds...

Upon rebooting, the dashboard looked normal, except that the docker apps were not shown at the top.  At first I did not even realize that my shares were gone.  Only when I started searching for the error above did I find this thread.  I checked, and sure enough all my shares are gone.  The array disks still show full so I have shut down the machine hoping to preserve the data on the disks.  Incidentally, when trying to shut down it got stuck again trying to unmount user shares that do not exist.

I honestly do not know when the shares got deleted.  It could have happened when I first turned it off or rebooted to install the hard drive.  I didn't check the shares since it was working before, and I had only turned it off to add the drive.  It did take a long time to shut down, but I just thought it was finishing or closing a process.  Aside from installing the new hard drive, I did recently upgrade to version 6.6.1, and upgrade the NIC.

I've attached the latest log in case it helps.

I guess it's back to square one for me.  I guess I'm gonna start fresh.  I have the parity drive, and the one I just added.  I'm going to create a fresh USB (version 6.6.0 just to be safe), and copy data from the other drives.

unbucket-diagnostics-20181007-2337.zip

Check your config. Mine still showed the shares there -- after rebooting a few times it's working for me again. I'm not sure what happened or if it'll happen again.

9 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Try uninstalling the netstats plugin, it has been causing share and docker issues for various users.

Uninstalled the plugin, and rebooted.  Now the shares are back. 

I forgot that I had recently reinstalled the plugin.  It had been installed for some time, but when I tried to check the stats it wasn't working.  I removed and reinstalled the plugin shortly before the problem started.

man, I'm new to unRaid as well.  Tonight I followed the instructions to shrink my away to remove a drive, when I booted back up, my dockers didn't start and user shares were missing.  Was going crazy with troubleshooting, rebooting, etc.  Reviewed logs and searched the same error and found this thread.  Removed the netstat plugin, rebooted, and all is well again.  phew! 

signed up for an account to post this.  great community, thanks for all the help!

Archived