TRIM on new SSD receiving Input/output error (Solved)

I installed a 512GB m.2 NVMe drive on a PCIe Lycom DT-120 adapter. After install, the SSD was immediately visible, and I replaced my old HDD cache drive with it without issue. However, I have been receiving an error when I attempt to run TRIM. Can someone take a look and help? Below is the error I receive via email, and attached is the diagnostics report

fstrim: /mnt/cache: FITRIM ioctl failed: Input/output error

or 

fstrim: /mnt/cache: FITRIM ioctl failed: Remote I/O error

Edited by Stanley

Thanks Johnnie. When I look at the logs, I see an additional error "print_req_error: critical target error, dev nvme0n1, sector 123..." which doesn't sound good for a brand new drive.

In the meantime, I'll order a different drive, and make sure appdata is being backed up nightly. I guess that's what I get for trying to save a few bucks. 

edit update 10/10/18: I grabbed a Samsung 970, and it's been working as expected the past 2 days. No errors during the TRIM operation.

Edited by Stanley
update
  • Stanley changed the title to TRIM on new SSD receiving Input/output error (Solved)
  • 3 weeks later...