(Solved) Unable to start VM

I've had an issue with my server which caused the following problems:
a) unable to write to the server via the smb network, getting the message that the drive is full even though the UI shows plenty of space (both on cache and on array)

b) unable to start some of my docker apps, but some still ran

c) unable to start a ubuntu server VM

While messing around I seem to have fixed a) by restarting (at least it works for now). And b) by removing the docker.img file and re-adding my dockers apps.

But c) still remains, the error message I get is this:

Execution error
internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2018-10-08T19:50:58.908139Z qemu-system-x86_64: -vnc 0.0.0.0:1,websocket=5700: Failed to start VNC server: Failed to find an available port: Address already in use

I tried to go into the vm settings and manually set a vnc port, but got the error that is is on a read-only filesystem.

Now, that message seems to be related to the disc-full error from a), so I'm at a loss.

While booting the system I noticed these messages:  image.thumb.png.ddfdd8546c66f058e8ea323ab3ff0f98.png

which seems to indicate some disc error, but I did a disc check on the cache (as described in the wiki) which didn't seem to find any errors.

My hardware is

- a  ASRock - C2750D4I MB with 8 GB of RAM, 

- a 4 GB parity disc
- an array of 2x4GB + 2x2GB assorted discs

- a cache of a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

- and the system is on a 8GB "Cruzer fit" stick

I hope someone can give me some pointers, and please ask if more detail is needed.

#Pengman

server16-diagnostics-20181008-2145.zip

Edited by Pengman