Sync shares to SMB location

Hi all

search has failed me dramatically, so I apologize if this is covered elsewhere. 

Basically I'm fairly new to UnRaid having moved from xpenology. I used to have btsync on xpenology and my local NAS540 to keep a copy of my data on that box, too. It's a simple JBOD array with some drives and SMB shares. Easy peasy. 

Since xpenology failed and dropped my array, I had to recover from that box. Unfortunately one of the drives failed during restore, so I had to restructure. I'd added metarepository to it to get btsync - rebuilding the jbod caused all local data to be wiped - including the metarepository - which is no longer available. 

So I'm stuck with only the ability to create SMB shares. 

I tried using duplicati to create a backup, but as I just want a plain 1:1 synced copy it doesn't really scratch that itch. (I am looking at it for jottacloud, which I'm hoping to use as a cloud-backup location though.) 

Having absolutely scoured the internet and the community applications I haven't come across anything that would let me do this. I've mounted all the shares in unraid and they are accessible. (Duplicati could use them, too.) But I'm essentially just looking for something that's able to toss my media folders in the proper network shares and keep any changes synced. 

That's it. 

At the moment I am backing up the most critical data using my workstation as an intermediary, but that's hell on both transfer speeds as well as long-term viability. I've got 16TB's of data I need to keep track of. 

Can anyone tell me of a good way to accomplish this that doesn't require anything on the NAS540's side?

Cheers! 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Mopar_Mudder said:

Wondering it you got anything working on this. I think I want to do the same thing you are. I just want a copy of my Picture & Video share sync'd to a network drive so I have an extra copy of it incase something were to happen to my Unraid machine.

No not yet. I have to set aside time to do it, because I haven't done much scripting in unix before. I worry about screwing something up in production 😃

For now it's Total Commander from point A to B. 

• 7 months later...

Did you find a solution to this? I am in the same situation. I have a 48TB Synology DiskStation doing nothing and I want to sync my unRAID shares there. I made the same shared folders on the Synology and mounted them in Unassigned Devices but now I need a way to sync the data over to them and then write changes as they happen. Wish someone would make a plugin to handle this. :) I am also very new to unRAID.

I mean you can access unmounted shares via unassigned devices, but making it part of the array? doubtful without mounting/formatting. ALL of my media is stored on an WD cloud NAS that is just mounted as unassigned. In Plex its mapped on my network to that NAS, but Downloads from Radarr/Sonarr etc go to my cache then move to my my unmounted NAS 

Edited by Fiservedpi
On 6/3/2019 at 4:29 AM, Riotz said:

Did you find a solution to this? I am in the same situation. I have a 48TB Synology DiskStation doing nothing and I want to sync my unRAID shares there. I made the same shared folders on the Synology and mounted them in Unassigned Devices but now I need a way to sync the data over to them and then write changes as they happen. Wish someone would make a plugin to handle this. :) I am also very new to unRAID.

Have you looked at Syncthing yet? I use it exactly for this purpose and it works like a charm.