No GUI Access now DEAD!

Hi All,

I'm in a bind.

I could access my storage through Windows like normal, but when I'd log into my unraid web gui, it would accept my UN/PW but then 504 timeout and not load the GUI.

Attached is a screenshot of my server.

I did a hard reboot and nothing happens :-(

Things aren't looking good, are they?

Anyone have any suggestions?

unraid.JPG

I would disconnect all drives.  Hard Boot the box and listen for audio codes (make sure you have a speaker connected to MB).  If you still don't get a response, reset the BIOS to factory (Should be able to achieve this by a pin jumper on the MB).  If still "No Love," then it's time say goodbye to the MB.  The good news is that it is unlikely to be the CPU unless there was a massive power spike or your CPU cooling failed.

Sorry my friend, but all machines fail...it's just a matter of when.,  Good luck.

16 minutes ago, UnckDeCamp said:

If it is the mobo, can I just swap it out and keep my data drives and usb drive as is, and plug them into the new mobo and all will be ok?

I've got a feeling the answer is no, but then how do I get my data back?

Actually, the answer is "yes" with a few caveats.  If you have VMs configured with hardware passthrough, of course, you may likely need to do some tweaking there. With a motherboard swap IOMMU groups could also change requiring VM config tweaks.

Assuming no hardware problems with disks, CPU, RAM, etc. your system should boot up normally after replacing the MB.  unRAID configuration is not hardware specific.  Your configuration and data will remain intact on the flash drive and array disks.

I have been through several motherboard, CPU, RAM, PSU swap outs for upgrade purposes on my main server and the system comes up each time just as it did before with no configuration or data issues (I have VMs but am not doing any hardware passthrough).

Edited by Hoopster
  • 4 weeks later...

New update:

Got the new board in. Added RAM. Wouldn't POST.

Tried just 2/4 sticks and all is well.

Array up and running!

I need to run memtest on other 2 sticks of RAM.

Not sure if it went bad or if the slots on the motherboard are bad.

Thanks for all the input on this...I'm so happy to have my data back!