DZMM

Help Installing MergerFS

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

I'm posting here as I wasn't sure which board this fits in.  I currently use unionfs to combine local files /rclone_upload/google_vfs with gdrive files I mount using rclone /mount_rclone/google_vfs :

unionfs -o cow,allow_other,direct_io,auto_cache,sync_read /mnt/user/rclone_upload/google_vfs=RW:/mnt/user/mount_rclone/google_vfs=RO /mnt/user/mount_unionfs/google_vfs

I'd like to switch to MergerFS as it supports hardlinking, whereas Unionfs doesn't.  I've installed unionfs via Nerd Pack - can someone give me pointers on how to install Mergerfs please? 

Bump.  This would be major result for me - I just need a bit of help please

Anyone ever installed mergerfs on unRAID? I need it to merge a local folder with a rclone mount.

On 10/17/2018 at 3:10 PM, DZMM said:

Anyone ever installed mergerfs on unRAID? I need it to merge a local folder with a rclone mount.

I was looking exactly to it and found this thread from last year. 

I assume, based on your guide for rclone is that unionFS is the only option for unraid? 

That's a shame. There's really no way to install MergerFS with unraid?

2 hours ago, TheFreemancer said:

I was looking exactly to it and found this thread from last year. 

I assume, based on your guide for rclone is that unionFS is the only option for unraid? 

That's a shame. There's really no way to install MergerFS with unraid?

Afraid so.   If you're a rclone user it looks rclone union will get beefed up in 1.48 so I'll be able to ditch university nfs