Moving from FreeNAS.. Best way to save data?

Roydub

Hello,

I already have a FreeNAS server up and running but have been having to many issues with getting some plugins working correctly. I tried Unraid on a spare hard drive and was surprised that everything was so much easier to set up lol. So I think I am ready to make the jump. My only problem is that all of my data is already on my FreeNAS server. I don't suppose Unraid has an option to import an existing FreeNAS pool? I highly doubt it since there probably different file systems but I had to ask.

The only other thing I can think of is pulling everything off of Backblaze B2 but I am still in the process of slowly uploading it

Thank you for any advice

6 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

(It has been a long time since I last used FreeNAS but I recall that you had to have five drives to set it up (or that was on one of the configurations).)  

Before deciding to choose unRAID, I tested windows 2016 pool. I liked how easy it was to setup everything, and the fact that its interface was similar to Windows 10 was a big plus. But, I discovered that in order to have something marginally comparable to a 2 parity setup, I needed to start with at least 7 drives! Also, I could not figure out MS setup, because it seemed to me I lose more space than 2 drives for dual parity, and the more drives I add to the pool, the more space is lost! It just did not make any sense to me.

Maybe it was meant for sophisticated enterprise level storage systems, but definitely not for me, unRAID was way ahead...Sorry, but when I saw that 5 drives reference I recalled my not so good experience with Windows 2016...