rcloneorig: command not found, plugin is installed

Hi,

I'm not sure this is related to my recent upgrade to 6.6.1 (from 6.5.3), but I hadn't noticed this error before. I can no longer call rclone through userscripts, even though the plugin is installed. It results in the following error message:

/usr/sbin/rclone: line 21: rcloneorig: command not found

I'm not sure if reinstalling the plugin will result in a loss of my configurations, or if I can simply backup the config and scripts from the plugin page to keep all necessary information.

Any ideas?

I'd start by figuring out what that line reads in the script. One of many ways to look would be:

sed -n '21p' /usr/sbin/rclone

This should show you the line and it might be obvious what the problem is. I'm going to guess it's a PATH issue.

To check if this rcloneorig item is in your PATH - which is probably isn't - you can do:

which rcloneorig

Since this will almost certainly fail - maybe we need to find the thing (if it even exists) and then add it to the path:

find / -type f -iname rcloneorig

If this fails to find anything - then you'll probably need to either figure out what the rclone script is doing - it could be creating this rcloneorig file (or trying to and failing due to a permission/space/other issue.)

If the find command does come up with something when looking for rcloneorig - then I'd probably add it to my path.

So if find comes back with (example because almost certainly /usr/sbin will already be in the path):

/usr/sbin/rcloneorig

then I'd add to my PATH by first checking what I've got, and then adding, then checking so:

echo $PATH

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin/

echo $PATH

Then try your rclone stuff again - if it works then I'd take that last export command - copy and paste it into your /boot/config/go file (I think that should work) - reboot and verify it's still working. I haven't tested this, so it's possible you'd need to do something like this in your go file if that doesn't work:

echo "export PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin/rcloneorig" >> /root/.bash_profile

or possibly:

echo "export PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin/rcloneorig" >> /root/.bashrc

At least here's a few tips and hopefully this gives you a few ideas about how to proceed.

Del

Edited by Delarius
Fix dumbass error.
21 hours ago, Delarius said:

At least here's a few tips and hopefully this gives you a few ideas about how to proceed.

Del

Thanks for a solid answer! Unfortunately I didnt get very far. 

As far as I can tell rcloneorig is the actual rclone-process which is simply just called with "rclone", I might be wrong.

root@Tower:~# sed -n '21p' /usr/sbin/rclone
        rcloneorig --config $config "$@";

root@Tower:~# which rcloneorig
which: no rcloneorig in (.:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin)

root@Tower:~# find / -type f -iname rcloneorig
find: `/proc/30625/task/30625/net': Invalid argument
find: `/proc/30625/net': Invalid argument
find: `/proc/30626/task/30626/net': Invalid argument
find: `/proc/30626/net': Invalid argument
find: `/proc/30627/task/30627/net': Invalid argument
find: `/proc/30627/net': Invalid argument
find: `/proc/30641': No such file or directory
find: `/proc/30666': No such file or directory

Edited by Fredrick

Yeah, this is quite strange. I think you may need to backup any configuration files you can find and try to reinstall.

Notice that the script calls something else called rcloneorig (i'd guess part of the script maybe tries to create this?)

Not using rclone i can't say definitively.

The find errors are kinda expected - it's looking through /proc/ which just doesn't respond well - but doesn't do any harm.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Had the same problem with the rclone plugin today. Can't figure out what might caused this. Maybe another plugin update? Anyway, the workaround mentioned here works for me. Hopefully, this issue will not occur in the future as it breaks my offsite backup.

On 3/20/2019 at 2:16 AM, eric.frederich said:

Hi, how do I re-install?  I do not see the option.

In the Plugins tab select 'remove' for rclone. Then go to the Apps tab and search for rclone and reinstall it there.