Automatic NUMA Isolation For Threadripper Systems

Ph9214

Systems using the Thread-ripper chipset have more than one NUMA Node. Unraid currently ignores this when creating vms which will lead to higher latency. I would recommend that a warning appear if resources are crossing numa nodes while creating a vm, and that memory is assigned on the numa node that a vm will be using.

8 hours ago, Ph9214 said:

Systems using the Thread-ripper chipset have more than one NUMA Node. Unraid currently ignores this when creating vms which will lead to higher latency. I would recommend that a warning appear if resources are crossing numa nodes while creating a vm, and that memory is assigned on the numa node that a vm will be using.

I hope for something. Although I create machines in the boundaries of NUMA and such. I think the ram is not completely isolating or something. I have large DCP latency spikes that I cannot get rid of. I've worked on it for days now trying different configs. Spinning up different machines. Nothing seems to work. I wonder if its not my board or the 2990wx is just not able to not have these spikes constantly.

9 minutes ago, Jerky_san said:

I hope for something. Although I create machines in the boundaries of NUMA and such. I think the ram is not completely isolating or something. I have large DCP latency spikes that I cannot get rid of. I've worked on it for days now trying different configs. Spinning up different machines. Nothing seems to work. I wonder if its not my board or the 2990wx is just not able to not have these spikes constantly.

yes, I have the latency spikes too, although it is mostly un-knoticable it is annoying as h*ll that I cant isolate the memory when it is a listed feature of kvm and libvirt from redhat the lead developers!

8 hours ago, Ph9214 said:

yes, I have the latency spikes too, although it is mostly un-knoticable it is annoying as h*ll that I cant isolate the memory when it is a listed feature of kvm and libvirt from redhat the lead developers!

I can't seem to get parity with bare metal tbh. I have watercooling and everything but my single threaded CPU is 78% of a 1700 on a 2990wx with PBO turned to level 3