[SOLVED] Unraid 6.6.1 - ata6.00: failed command: WRITE FPDMA QUEUED

Hello, 

My Cache Drive is showing an exclamation mark on it, the value "UDMA CRC error count" has increasingly gone up. This was happening to the previous drive, and I upgraded it from a 500 Gig SSD to a 1 TB SSD and the issue is still occurring. I have done some research and the result of the research is people saying that the SATA cable is bad. I use a Norcotek case and use 4 SAS 8087 cables from my LSI card to my backplane, and 2 reverse breakout cables from my 8 onboard sata ports to my backplane. I suspect that one of the reverse breakout cables may be bad, and have ordered 2 new ones. However I am posting here just in case anyone has any better ideas. 

yVg0hDp.png

unraid-diagnostics-20181013-2043.zip

Edited by guyonphone

My reverse breakout cables came, I swapped them out, I am still getting the error but on a different port ata3 (now) vs ata6 (before), so this says to me the issue is probably my backplane, as I know I did not plug the new breakout cables in exactly the same ports as the previous. I've ordered a new backplane, hopefully that will resolve my issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

Solved my issue!

My SSD is a Samsung 860 1TB. 

My Motherboard's chipset is AMD SB950.

Apparently there is an issue with Samsung 860 EVO SSDs and the AMD 9XX Chipsets

In my system of 24 drives I have an LSI HBA card which handles 16 drives with SAS-8087 connectors. And I use reverse breakout cables to Sata on my motherboard controller. I simply swapped my Cache Drive onto a port handled by the LSI Controller and this immediately solved my problem. 

Thanks!

Edited by guyonphone
  • Like 1