Unraid OS version 6.6.2 available

limetech

To upgrade:

• If you are running any 6.4 or later release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Tools/Update OS page.
  • If you are running a pre-6.4 release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page.
  • If the above doesn't work, navigate to Plugins/Install Plugin, select/copy/paste this plugin URL and click Install:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg

Refer also to @ljm42 excellent 6.4 Update Notes which are helpful especially if you are upgrading from a pre-6.4 release.

BIOS: Especially if using Virtual Machines, we highly recommend keeping your motherboard bios up-to-date.

Bugs: If you discover a bug or other issue in this release, please open a Stable Releases Bug Report.

Version 6.6.2 2018-10-13

Base distro:

• cairo: version 1.15.14
  • fontconfig: version 2.13.1
  • freetype: version 2.9.1
  • glibc: version 2.28
  • glibc-solibs: version 2.28
  • harfbuzz: version 1.9.0
  • jansson: removed
  • libdrm: version 2.4.94
  • librsvg: version 2.44.6
  • libvirt: version 4.8.0
  • libXinerama: version 1.1.4
  • libXxf86misc: version 1.0.4
  • mesa: version 18.2.1
  • pango: version 1.42.4
  • p11-kit: version 0.23.14
  • samba: version 4.8.6
  • xterm: version 337
  • xf86-video-ast: version 1.1.5 [revert]
  • xf86-video-mga: version 1.6.5 [revert]
  • xf86-video-vesa: version 2.3.4 [revert]
  • xorg-server: version 1.19.6 [revert]

Linux kernel:

• version 4.18.14
  • OOT Intel 10gbps netowrk drivers: ixgbe-5.5.1, ixgbevf-4.5.1

Management:

• blacklist DRM_AST Aspeed video driver
  • emhttp: added instrumentation to FUSE/shfs
  • update smartmontools drivedb and hwdata/{pci.ids,usb.ids,oui.txt,manuf.txt}
  • webgui: Revert docker run Security
  • webgui: Updated button styling
  • webgui: Added new setting "Font size"
  • webgui: Styling update: height & width scaling
  • webgui: Docker: fixed autostart order not updated when "wait" values are present
  • webgui: Docker: added "container size" calculation
  • webgui: on Tools/Vars set PHP_AUTH_PW to asterisks
  • webgiu: Change anonymized email address
  • webgiu: Add global CPU core pinning for containers
  • webgiu: fixed: VM CPU mode not properly updated
  • Like 2

Updated two servers to 6.6.2 from 6.6.1

Updates went well and I can get to GUI on both servers; however, on the server with IPMI provided by an ASpeed AST 2300, the Java viewer (Jviewer) for IPMI freezes and becomes useless even though the server appears to be running fine.  I will try to record and post a video of what happens.

I assume it is related to this:

blacklist DRM_AST Aspeed video driver

Or perhaps this:

xf86-video-ast: version 1.1.5 [revert] 

Edited by Hoopster
5 minutes ago, bonienl said:

I am using my browser to access BMC on a Supermicro board and open an IPMI session using iKVM/HTML5 (no need for a java client)

This will work on newer generation SM boards, but lot of us including me are running X9/X8. there are no iKVM/HTML5 for that generations as far as i know.

12 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Does ASRock support remote browser access?

I am using my browser to access BMC on a Supermicro board and open an IPMI session using iKVM/HTML5 (no need for a java client)

Not that I know of. It's still only suitable with the Java-based viewer on the client side. This could be a very bad thing considering how many may still be running the ASRock MB with the $90 E5-2670 builds.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44374-90-xeon-e5-2670-26ghz-8cores-16threads/

21 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Does ASRock support remote browser access? 

Not to my knowledge.  They barely updated their crappy Java Viewer last year to be compatible with recent versions of Java.

24 minutes ago, limetech said:

As a test, open terminal window and type:

modprobe ast

and then open your java viewer.

That worked.  I get a functional Java viewer with full control and the server login prompt on screen.

The problem I reported only happens if I have the java viewer open during the boot process.  At some point, it throws a bunch of info related to the hard drives up in the window and just ceases functioning.  After the server is booted, if I close the Jviewer and open it again as you mentioned above, all is well.

webgui: Docker: added "container size" calculation - Awesome change!

Only gripe can the button be moved beside Add container?

My brain is used to hitting the very last button for updates 😜

Also no issues from 6.6.1 to 6.6.2 on My threadripper system :)

Edited by Dazog

I also upgraded this morning from 661  I still can not access my shares by using name of server.

IP address works fine from a windows 10 1803 box. Windows 2003 works fine. A popcorn hour works fine.

As openelec also works. A windows XP also works.

A windows 7 system does not connect by name.

The common thing about all the ones that do not connect is that they are a member of my windows domain.

The XP box is not a member and works fine.

Unfortunately I'm still getting NFS errors, I can see the files before NFS stalls unraid :(

Here is the log on my NFS server (freenas):

Oct 14 12:26:05 freenas mountd[98414]: mount request succeeded from 10.0.1.240 f or /mnt/tank/cctv

Oct 14 12:29:02 freenas nfsd: can't register svc name

Oct 14 12:29:14 freenas nfsd: can't register svc name

So, downgrading again... I like the new UI so much that it kills me to have to downgrade again... 3rd downgrade now. Oh well, I need NFS mounts to work, so I have to do it.

4 minutes ago, jmonteiro said:

Unfortunately I'm still getting NFS errors, I can see the files before NFS stalls unraid :(

Here is the log on my NFS server (freenas):

Oct 14 12:26:05 freenas mountd[98414]: mount request succeeded from 10.0.1.240 f or /mnt/tank/cctv

Oct 14 12:29:02 freenas nfsd: can't register svc name

Oct 14 12:29:14 freenas nfsd: can't register svc name

So, downgrading again... I like the new UI so much that it kills me to have to downgrade again... 3rd downgrade now. Oh well, I need NFS mounts to work, so I have to do it.

Did you see this?

If you post, "meh, doesn't work" and you don't include diagnostics.zip, please don't bother posting.

2 minutes ago, limetech said:

Did you see this?

If you post, "meh, doesn't work" and you don't include diagnostics.zip, please don't bother posting.

Did not see that, I'm so sorry.

Next time I try the upgrade (probably next weekend), I will do a diagnostics.zip and post the file, I just did the downgrade :(

9 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Updated two servers to 6.6.2 from 6.6.1

Updates went well and I can get to GUI on both servers; however, on the server with IPMI provided by an ASpeed AST 2300, the Java viewer (Jviewer) for IPMI freezes and becomes useless even though the server appears to be running fine.  I will try to record and post a video of what happens.

I assume it is related to this:

blacklist DRM_AST Aspeed video driver

Or perhaps this:

xf86-video-ast: version 1.1.5 [revert] 

I have the same problem, but with the Supermicro IPMI web interface. The iKVM/HTML5 console basically remains a black screen.

This fixed it for me, too:

9 hours ago, limetech said:

As a test, open terminal window and type:

modprobe ast

and then open your java viewer.

Now iKVM/HTML5 works as it should. Will I have to do that on every reboot? Or is there a permanent fix to this?

• limetech unfeatured and unpinned this topic