Unraid OS version 6.6.2 available


limetech

75 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

To upgrade:

  • If you are running any 6.4 or later release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Tools/Update OS page.
  • If you are running a pre-6.4 release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page.
  • If the above doesn't work, navigate to Plugins/Install Plugin, select/copy/paste this plugin URL and click Install:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg

     

Refer also to @ljm42 excellent 6.4 Update Notes which are helpful especially if you are upgrading from a pre-6.4 release.

 

BIOS: Especially if using Virtual Machines, we highly recommend keeping your motherboard bios up-to-date.

 

Bugs: If you discover a bug or other issue in this release, please open a Stable Releases Bug Report.

 

Version 6.6.2 2018-10-13

 

Base distro:

  • cairo: version 1.15.14
  • fontconfig: version 2.13.1
  • freetype: version 2.9.1
  • glibc: version 2.28
  • glibc-solibs: version 2.28
  • harfbuzz: version 1.9.0
  • jansson: removed
  • libdrm: version 2.4.94
  • librsvg: version 2.44.6
  • libvirt: version 4.8.0
  • libXinerama: version 1.1.4
  • libXxf86misc: version 1.0.4
  • mesa: version 18.2.1
  • pango: version 1.42.4
  • p11-kit: version 0.23.14
  • samba: version 4.8.6
  • xterm: version 337
  • xf86-video-ast: version 1.1.5 [revert]
  • xf86-video-mga: version 1.6.5 [revert]
  • xf86-video-vesa: version 2.3.4 [revert]
  • xorg-server: version 1.19.6 [revert]

Linux kernel:

  • version 4.18.14
  • OOT Intel 10gbps netowrk drivers: ixgbe-5.5.1, ixgbevf-4.5.1

Management:

  • blacklist DRM_AST Aspeed video driver
  • emhttp: added instrumentation to FUSE/shfs
  • update smartmontools drivedb and hwdata/{pci.ids,usb.ids,oui.txt,manuf.txt}
  • webgui: Revert docker run Security
  • webgui: Updated button styling
  • webgui: Added new setting "Font size"
  • webgui: Styling update: height & width scaling
  • webgui: Docker: fixed autostart order not updated when "wait" values are present
  • webgui: Docker: added "container size" calculation
  • webgui: on Tools/Vars set PHP_AUTH_PW to asterisks
  • webgiu: Change anonymized email address
  • webgiu: Add global CPU core pinning for containers
  • webgiu: fixed: VM CPU mode not properly updated
Link to post
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What exactly would you have us do?  Send a strongly worded email to Gigabyte?

To upgrade: If you are running any 6.4 or later release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Tools/Update OS page. If you are running a pre-6.4 release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Plu

Your device doesn't use those drivers you quoted.   It uses the i40e driver.   Current OOB version from intel is 2.4.10   No idea if it compiles with latest kernel's yet.

Posted Images

Updated two servers to 6.6.2 from 6.6.1

 

Updates went well and I can get to GUI on both servers; however, on the server with IPMI provided by an ASpeed AST 2300, the Java viewer (Jviewer) for IPMI freezes and becomes useless even though the server appears to be running fine.  I will try to record and post a video of what happens.

 

I assume it is related to this:

blacklist DRM_AST Aspeed video driver

 

Or perhaps this:

xf86-video-ast: version 1.1.5 [revert] 

 

Edited by Hoopster
Link to post
10 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

the Java viewer (Jviewer) for IPMI freezes and becomes useless

Does ASRock support remote browser access?

I am using my browser to access BMC on a Supermicro board and open an IPMI session using iKVM/HTML5 (no need for a java client)

Link to post
5 minutes ago, bonienl said:

I am using my browser to access BMC on a Supermicro board and open an IPMI session using iKVM/HTML5 (no need for a java client)

This will work on newer generation SM boards, but lot of us including me are running X9/X8. there are no iKVM/HTML5 for that generations as far as i know.

Link to post
12 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Does ASRock support remote browser access?

I am using my browser to access BMC on a Supermicro board and open an IPMI session using iKVM/HTML5 (no need for a java client)

 

Not that I know of. It's still only suitable with the Java-based viewer on the client side. This could be a very bad thing considering how many may still be running the ASRock MB with the $90 E5-2670 builds.

 

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44374-90-xeon-e5-2670-26ghz-8cores-16threads/

Link to post
21 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Does ASRock support remote browser access? 

I am using my browser to access BMC on a Supermicro board and open an IPMI session using iKVM/HTML5 (no need for a java client)

Not to my knowledge.  They barely updated their crappy Java Viewer last year to be compatible with recent versions of Java.

Link to post
24 minutes ago, limetech said:

As a test, open terminal window and type:

 

modprobe ast

 

and then open your java viewer.

That worked.  I get a functional Java viewer with full control and the server login prompt on screen.

 

The problem I reported only happens if I have the java viewer open during the boot process.  At some point, it throws a bunch of info related to the hard drives up in the window and just ceases functioning.  After the server is booted, if I close the Jviewer and open it again as you mentioned above, all is well.

Link to post

webgui: Docker: added "container size" calculation - Awesome change!

 

Only gripe can the button be moved beside Add container?

 

My brain is used to hitting the very last button for updates 😜

 

Also no issues from 6.6.1 to 6.6.2 on My threadripper system :)

Edited by Dazog
Link to post

I also upgraded this morning from 661  I still can not access my shares by using name of server.

IP address works fine from a windows 10 1803 box. Windows 2003 works fine. A popcorn hour works fine.

As openelec also works. A windows XP also works.

 

A windows 7 system does not connect by name.

 

The common thing about all the ones that do not connect is that they are a member of my windows domain.

 

The XP box is not a member and works fine.

 

 

 

Link to post

Unfortunately I'm still getting NFS errors, I can see the files before NFS stalls unraid :(

 

Here is the log on my NFS server (freenas):

 

Oct 14 12:26:05 freenas mountd[98414]: mount request succeeded from 10.0.1.240 f or /mnt/tank/cctv

Oct 14 12:29:02 freenas nfsd: can't register svc name

Oct 14 12:29:14 freenas nfsd: can't register svc name

 

So, downgrading again... I like the new UI so much that it kills me to have to downgrade again... 3rd downgrade now. Oh well, I need NFS mounts to work, so I have to do it.

 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, jmonteiro said:

Unfortunately I'm still getting NFS errors, I can see the files before NFS stalls unraid :(

 

Here is the log on my NFS server (freenas):

 

Oct 14 12:26:05 freenas mountd[98414]: mount request succeeded from 10.0.1.240 f or /mnt/tank/cctv

Oct 14 12:29:02 freenas nfsd: can't register svc name

Oct 14 12:29:14 freenas nfsd: can't register svc name

 

So, downgrading again... I like the new UI so much that it kills me to have to downgrade again... 3rd downgrade now. Oh well, I need NFS mounts to work, so I have to do it.

 

 

Did you see this?

 

 

If you post, "meh, doesn't work" and you don't include diagnostics.zip, please don't bother posting.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, limetech said:

 

Did you see this?

 

 

If you post, "meh, doesn't work" and you don't include diagnostics.zip, please don't bother posting.

Did not see that, I'm so sorry.

 

Next time I try the upgrade (probably next weekend), I will do a diagnostics.zip and post the file, I just did the downgrade :(

 

Link to post
9 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Updated two servers to 6.6.2 from 6.6.1

 

Updates went well and I can get to GUI on both servers; however, on the server with IPMI provided by an ASpeed AST 2300, the Java viewer (Jviewer) for IPMI freezes and becomes useless even though the server appears to be running fine.  I will try to record and post a video of what happens.

 

I assume it is related to this:

blacklist DRM_AST Aspeed video driver

 

Or perhaps this:

xf86-video-ast: version 1.1.5 [revert] 

 

I have the same problem, but with the Supermicro IPMI web interface. The iKVM/HTML5 console basically remains a black screen.

 

This fixed it for me, too:

 

9 hours ago, limetech said:

As a test, open terminal window and type:

 

modprobe ast

 

and then open your java viewer.

 

Now iKVM/HTML5 works as it should. Will I have to do that on every reboot? Or is there a permanent fix to this?

Link to post
  • limetech unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.