Screwed up Vdisk, URGENT help needed

I have been running a Windows 10 VM with NVME passthrough as my boot and OS drive and a second Vdisk to store my files. Whilst editing another W10 VM, I accidentally assigned my second Vdisk to that VM whilst my main machine was shut down as I was using an iPad to set it up. 

I didn't realise it until the other machine booted up and I went to check the drives, and could see that the new VM had changed the drive name and all the original folders were gone. I stopped the machine, and now cannot add the Vdisk to my main machine as Unraid gives me an error,

Anyone know if the change is permanent and can it be fixed?

What you describe should not happen in the first place!   It should be perfectly OK to assign the same vdisk to multiple VMs as long as they are not running at the same time.  In this sense it is no different to moving a drive on a real physical machine.

I suspect that there is some other factor at play and without identifying that any advice would be just a wild guess.   It almost sounds as if you accidentally ran a format on the drive when it was attached to the wrong VM, and in this case it would not be recoverable.    Do you have any backups of your vdisks?