unRAID Keeps Loosing Disk or CDC Error or just a lot of Errors in General.....

I posted this on the unRAID Reddit, but the first comment was for me to also post here with logs...

Hello!

First time posting here. I'm still fairly new to unRAID, but I've been using it for a little under a year. A coworker recommended me it. It's a great system! But I feel like I'll be loosing all my data soon... but I seriously hope not.

I'll get to the point. Recently my unRAID Server will be having so many Errors (Disk 2 gives thousands of Errors). Either from can't find all four of my disk to so many CRC Errors on all 4 Disk.

I suspect Disk 2 and Disk 4 is the issue. I purchased all new SATA Cables on Amazon; but still receive CRC Errors on all 4 Disk. It seems like the only Disk always working is my Cache and Parity Drive (I only have 1 Parity). Last night I took out Disk 4 (WD 6TB Blue) and added a new Disk (WD 8TB Red) and started Pre-Clearing the Drive. Now this morning unRAID can't find all 4 Disk again. Every time I reboot, it will find it - this issue has been happening for a little over a month now. I'd like to replace Disk 2 and Disk 4 ASAP.. but now I'm wondering if it's the MoBo SATA Ports? If that is the issue, I was thinking of putting on of those LSI RAID PCI Controller Cards. Both Ports is SAS, but I saw on Amazon that there is a SAS to 4-way SATA Ports. And just refresh the whole Server 1 by one to add it to the new Card.

syslog.txt

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and post the complete zip.

Please don't do anything else without further advice because some of the things you say you have already done aren't really the right way to proceed, such as this:

15 minutes ago, Joey0live said:

Last night I took out Disk 4 (WD 6TB Blue) and added a new Disk

or at least, the way you have described your actions is reason for concern.

2 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

ATA errros on almost all disks, looks more like a cable/connection problem, could also be power supply, if it's none of these it could be the board/controller.

I thought it would be the Cables; but I purchased new ones on Amazon. The CDC Errors/Disk missing stopped for over 2 weeks and then it went back yesterday. If it is the PSU, I hope it's just the Power cable; for I can do an easy replacement.

3 hours ago, Joey0live said:

I apologize. I'll remember this for the future. I thought there was a file size limitation on uploading to these forums - like other ones I've been on.

There probably is a size limitation, but the diagnostics are just a zipped folder of text files and probably can't even get large enough to be an issue.