Loose Cable Disconnected During Replacement Disk Rebuild

Auggie

In my ongoing saga, a cable got disconnected (actually, it's the metal cage on the SAS backplane that holds the SAS cable in place that's partially broken off so it no longer securely locks the cable in place) during a disk replacement data rebuild.

After resecuring the cable, I ran a parity check (no write corrections) and now its coming across sync errors but the log shows very generic entries, an example of which: 

Oct 15 09:05:16 UnRAID kernel: md: recovery thread: P incorrect, sector=9344918184

I don't know which disks these errors are being detected on or if it's on the parity disk itself so my question:

How do I rebuild the replacement drive correctly?  Should I reinstall the original drive and do a parity rebuild of the parity drive, then once successfully completed, reinstall the replacement drive?  Or is there another way I could just restart the data rebuild?  I really need to know which drive(s) the sync errors are occuring on as I want to make sure it's only on the replacement drive itself.

All other data drives should be fine and parity drive should be accurate as I rebuilt it from scratch a few days ago after my previouis SNAFU.

Edited by Auggie
55 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

There's no way of knowing, I assume the earlier rebuild finished but with errors, if so best bet would be to rebuild the same disk again.

Yea, the data rebuild finished with massive errors; I didn't know anything was wrong until I got home and the rebuild was completed.  Before I left, I had been checking in on it all day and it had less than 2TB left to go in rebuilding from 4TB to 6TB and there were zero errors at the time.

I'm just going to reinstall the original 4TB and rebuild the parity disk itself.

Can't wait to migrate this server to the new Chenbro case with new SM X11 board.  This current RPC4224 case with that broken SAS backplane has always given me fits since day one.