Force start containers on reboot?

So I'm out of town and last night I connected to my server through my OpenVPN docker to check on things.  I started fooling around with another container and absentmindedly clicked 'shut down all containers'... which naturally shutdown OpenVPN along with everything else... 

My server is plugged into a Wemo outlet (and UPS) to let me force shutdown if absolutely necessary, but upon restarting my containers didn't come up back up as I hoped they would have (the auto-restart button is on).  I did get an email notification saying it came back on, so it's definitely running though.  Anyways, now I have to wait until someone gets home in a few days so I can teamviewer into her computer, turn my containers back on, etc...  

Tldr: Idiotically booted myself out of OpenVPN and the container didn't start on server restart.

Is there anything I can add in place once I'm back up to ensure this doesn't happen again?  I was thinking perhaps a user script set to run on startup to ensure OpenVPN always starts?  But maybe there's a better way?