UPDATED: Network drops on 10g switch. Now unknown issue again.

On 12/19/2018 at 9:13 PM, slimshizn said:

As much as I'd love to blame ubiquity, I can not. I bought the lb6m and a sfp+ rj45 10g adapter and had the same luck. I fully believe this has to do with unraid and this specific variant NIC. I'd love to know who to contact to get a better answer than to just blame the motherboard. Unraid should work with gigabyte not against them as they don't seem to be going away any time soon. Besides that I don't know where you can find a motherboard like the pesh2 with all of the extras it has. 

I have an update here: Ubiquiti finally reached out to me yesterday - 3 months later - saying they are ready to follow up on this case. Given my experiences with the EXACT SAME HARDWARE RUNNING ESXi working just fine on the XG RJ45s, I agree that the issue is most likely Unraid related. So I would suggest that @jonp look into this further. I can give the Ubiquiti case manager Jon P's email and will do so. But I'm feeling a bit bad now that I gave Ubiquiti such a hard time when the culprit is Unraid's interaction with this onboard Intel NIC.

• Like 1