Time Machine backups

bluepr0

Hello guys!

I've been using unRAID since 2016 and so far never was able to create a Time Machine share that actually works. I'm currently using Mojave but with previous macOS also didn't work. I've also followed every advice, trick and setup guide with no luck. Is there really a way to make it work? I'm 1 click away to install Xpenelogy haha

Thanks a lot!

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
On 10/17/2018 at 7:48 PM, bluepr0 said:

I've been using unRAID since 2016 and so far never was able to create a Time Machine share that actually works.

Hmmm... I notice a lot of people are asking about Time Machine at the moment. Before you give up on Unraid please give this guide a try:

It uses the traditional method of connecting your Mac using the AFP networking protocol and works with OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) and macOS High Sierra (10.13, and presumably all those in between). I can't test it with Mojave because I don't have a Mac that's new enough to be able to run it, having placed a moratorium on purchasing Apple hardware until the company comes to its senses. My most recent purchase is a MacBook Pro, bought when Jobs was still alive and they haven't produced a worthy successor since. I initially liked the look of the new Mini but the price is obscene, the SSD is pathetically small and the CPU hits 100 degrees in seconds. I don't have any APFS format volumes to test either, but it backs up normal HPFS+J hard drive and fusion drive volumes.