Looking for a Silent PC case

mklcolvin

1 hour ago, hitman2158 said:

Home of my Gaming Rig is Define R5, looks very good, is very quiet and has an outstanding quality.

I didn´t suggest the R5 or R6 because of limited space for 3,5" drives.

You can get 11 in the R5 if you buy a 3 in 2 enclosure to go in the 2x5.25" space.

You can get 11 HDDs in the R6 if you buy 5 more brackets as they've ditched the 2 5.25" bays to support brackets - extra brackets cost $10 for 2.  That's in addition 2 SSDs behind the motherboard and 2 more SSDs above the PSU.

I use the R6 for my water cooled gaming rig, and I can't tell you how amazing this case is.  In Gun metal with window it is stunning, and if you get the upgraded pannel for the front you can have a USB-C port.  The case is super simple to work with and has nice seperation with a power supply shroud and the area behind the motherboard extending the full length of the case...so you have a hidden area for cable runs all the way to the front fans.

It is a true dream to work in for builds, and with the right fans is silent, the air flow is well thought out...directed but not constrained...so it isn't just "Lots of fans" it is "Lots of fans with options" For example, the top pannel has a push button to remove...so you can put a rad in the top if you want, or close it off if you don't want top fans at all and not screw up your front->back flow.

Happy owner of 2x Define R5s.  Whenever I wish I had more space (more drives or eatx board size) I sometimes wish I'd gotten a 

Define XL R2.  Its basically an upscaled Define r4 with eatx support and 4x 5.25 drive bays.  Stick a 5 x 3.5" drive backplane in it and have an extra 5.25" bay left over for ODD or 2.5" backplanes.  I hope they update it, one based off the r6 would be nice.

Edited by Iciclebar
On 10/19/2018 at 9:27 PM, Iciclebar said:

Happy owner of 2x Define R5s.  Whenever I wish I had more space (more drives or eatx board size) I sometimes wish I'd gotten a 

Define XL R2.  Its basically an upscaled Define r4 with eatx support and 4x 5.25 drive bays.  Stick a 5 x 3.5" drive backplane in it and have an extra 5.25" bay left over for ODD or 2.5" backplanes.  I hope they update it, one based off the r6 would be nice.

I love my XL R2, I removed the 5.25" Cage, bought another 4 Drive Cage from Fractal and stacked the 3 on top of each other and the 2 drive cage from my Define C Mini on the bottom next to it. So now I have 14 trays. You could probably get 2 more 4 drive cages and stack the next to the others to get a total of 20 drives.