Unraid OS version 6.6.3 available

limetech

9 minutes ago, russlock said:

I also now seem to have permission issues as i can't transfer anything into any of my shares.

did the "docker safe new perms" and that allowed me to add to the movies share folder, but still nothing else.

Have you tried running file system checks on your drives?

if you posted the system diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools>Diagnostics) you would be able to get informed feedback on whether this is likely to be needed.

33 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Have you tried running file system checks on your drives?

if you posted the system diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools>Diagnostics) you would be able to get informed feedback on whether this is likely to be needed.

see attached zip file. Thanks.

EDIT: most shares were set at secure, so changed them to public and all is now working. Thanks.

server-diagnostics-20181025-2007.zip

Edited by russlock
updated with new info
On 10/23/2018 at 7:18 AM, hawihoney said:

2.) All the disks are spun up most of the time.

Did nerdpack solve this?  I'm not at home right now, but noticed that my drives have been up every time I've looked.

Can't for the life of me recall which plugin wanted nerdpack - something to do this weekend.

Got into the habit of nudging cachedirs on reboot/

Updated on Saturday. Started noticing that all my drives were pretty much always spun up. Read in this thread that it could be a combo of nerd pack and cache_dirs, so removed all nerd pack items and uninstalled the plugin, and updated cache_dirs to the latest unofficial version. Still experiencing it. Is there anything else in this release that could potentially cause this issue? Thanks!

10 hours ago, trurl said:

Seems to me it is a good thing to make people think twice and perhaps consult the release thread before upgrading. Is it really a lot of extra effort for you?

the biggest thing is that i dont get a notice about new updates.... and yes, i find it very annoying to change everytime between next and stable. I dont see ANY reason why not adding "latest (UNSAVE)" as a option.

Edited by nuhll
7 hours ago, limetech said:

What transfer slowdown are you seeing.

I don't recall the exact details -- it's been about 3 years since I first tried v6 on this system.   I recall that when I did that the parity times jumped from under 8 hours to over 14 hours, and the transfer speeds were notably slower for both reads and writes.     I reverted the system to v5 and left it like that until about a year ago, when I decided to try v6 again to see if anything had changed.

It had not changed, but I simply decided to leave it on v6 anyway so all of my servers would be on the same version.   For what I use this server for the slower transfer speeds aren't a big deal, and the longer parity check times don't really matter (except for the frustration of knowing they could be MUCH faster).

I do recall outlining the issues in an early v6 release thread (probably ~ 6.1) and I also created an "UnRAID on Atom D525" thread … I'll see if I can find some of the posts with the details on the transfer speeds, but it's really not an issue at this point.

But as v6 has evolved over the last year, the longer parity checks were at least fairly consistent, until 6.6.3, which added nearly 3 HOURS.    I've simply reverted this system back to 6.5.3 and will just leave it there.

FWIW, my last few parity checks took 15:14, 15:13,  15:13, 15:10, 17:52 (on v6.6.3), and 15:13 (last night, after reverting to v6.5.3).    Until I moved this system to v6, parity checks consistently took ~ 7:55 with v5.

landS has an identical server (except different disk drives -- his are 4TB drives, mine are 3TB WD Reds) … and he's also noted the v6 performance issues.    He also runs some additional plugins, etc. -- and as he noted a few posts above has finally decided to give up the ghost and abandon his trusty Atom 😊

@garycase.  Extensive D525 speed tests in different configs here / in my sig:   

Up until last update I could still access the D525 gui/ssh during a parity check - but file access would fail. 

Significant performance gains were had via windows tweaks, the fantastic depreciated disk tunables, cetc.  

I'd still be tweaking this great low power 2012? board... But the free high power board/ram/CPU doesn't draw much more at idle... So it is off to testers heaven for the atom :)

My systemlog spams this after updating

Oct 26 13:38:23 unRAID nginx: 2018/10/26 13:38:23 [crit] 7439#7439: *3076 connect() to unix:/var/tmp/letsencrypt.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.0.44, server: , request: "GET /dockerterminal/letsencrypt/ws HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://unix:/var/tmp/letsencrypt.sock:/ws", host: "73ea33eb735ffe6b67133d3f0f2ea238f9dd96de.unraid.net"

What is this about? There is indeed no "/var/tmp/letsencrypt.sock" in my fs

unraid-diagnostics-20181026-1332.zip

9 hours ago, garycase said:

Good price !!   Where can I get one of those 😄

Check your neighborhood homes, preferably when they are out for the day.

Kidding!  Buddy wanted me to build a ryzen/2080 overkill vr gaming rig.  He was going to litterally throw away his old machine. 

1 hour ago, Zonediver said:

So... reverted back to 6.6.2 and all is working again - i dont know whats up with this 6.6.3 release but its not working properly.

Cache-Dirs not working, Sys terrible slow - it takes ages till my shares are reacting... bad - cant recommend it...

CacheDirs has an issue of not starting when the server is started.  Just go to the settings and start it manually.  This is a plugin issue, and not an issue with 6.6.3.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, dlandon said:

CacheDirs has an issue of not starting when the server is started.  Just go to the settings and start it manually.  This is a plugin issue, and not an issue with 6.6.3.

It isn't - i already did this... no effect. Cache-Dirs shows running but its not working. There must be something additional be wrong in 6.6.3

Edited by Zonediver
39 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

I am having the same issue!  When I access my Media directories, all six data drives have to be spun up.  Diagnostics attached.  

elsie1-diagnostics-20181026-1809.zip

You are only caching one share.

Oct 21 12:54:14 Elsie1 cache_dirs: Use Command='find -noleaf'
Oct 21 12:54:14 Elsie1 cache_dirs: Version=2.2.0j
Oct 21 12:54:14 Elsie1 cache_dirs: ---------- Caching Directories ---------------
Oct 21 12:54:14 Elsie1 cache_dirs: M..a
Oct 21 12:54:14 Elsie1 cache_dirs: ----------------------------------------------
Oct 21 12:54:14 Elsie1 cache_dirs: cache_dirs process ID 16428 started

Is that what you want?

• limetech unfeatured and unpinned this topic