Unraid OS version 6.6.3 available

limetech

6.6.3 was very erratic for me when copying files from my ssd cache to my main array.  I ended up rolling back to 6.6.2 and everything is fine again.

I'm running a xeon e3 haswell cpu so plenty of power there.  Anyway I tested 6.6.3 for quite a few days and it just wasn't good for me.

Edited by TUMS
  • limetech unfeatured and unpinned this topic

I can confirm, parity check and writing to the array after update to 6.6.3 is really slow. Here is my diagnostics file.  I tried to update to 6.6.0 and 6.6.1 and 6.6.2 and had to revert back to 6.5.3 every time because of Realtek NIC problem.  I like some of the new features but think I might have to revert back again.  My array doesn't spin down anymore after update also.  Here is my diagnostics to assist with problem tracking.  I will most likely be downgrading during the system automated reboot Wednesday so if you need anything else please ask before then.  This is the first time that unRAID updates have been downgrades since I built my server in 2014.  I really like you guys' work and understand you can't test all equipment because your dev team is small...It is just rough when hardware that has worked for 4 years without a hitch stops working during an update. 

Thank you for your time.

Model: N/A

M/B: ASRock - Z97 Extreme6

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz

HVM: Enabled

IOMMU: Enabled

Cache: 256 kB, 1024 kB, 8192 kB

Memory: 32 GB (max. installable capacity 32 GB)

Network: eth0: 1000 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500 - Intel Onboard NIC
 eth1: not connected - RealTek Onboard NIC, still caused problems with updates even though not in use.

Kernel: Linux 4.18.15-unRAID x86_64

OpenSSL: 1.1.0i

Uptime: 2 days, 11:44:01

rudder2-server-diagnostics-20181109-0802.zip

Edited by Rudder2
1 minute ago, Rudder2 said:

That was faster than I expected seeing that there have been discussions in this post this AM.  Why doesn't unRAID notify my that updates are available anymore?  It hasn't done this since the software upgrade was taken out of the plugins tab?

Settings/Notifications Settings/Unraid OS update notification.

Please try 6.6.5, there was a Realtek r8169 driver patch included in that kernel  release.

15 minutes ago, Rudder2 said:

That was faster than I expected seeing that there have been discussions in this post this AM.  Why doesn't unRAID notify my that updates are available anymore?  It hasn't done this since the software upgrade was taken out of the plugins tab?

You can subscribe to the announcements forum. Every stable release is posted there with release notes and instructions for updating, posting bug reports, etc.

9 minutes ago, limetech said:

Settings/Notifications Settings/Unraid OS update notification.

Please try 6.6.5, there was a Realtek r8169 driver patch included in that kernel  release.

What the heck, I will give it a shot not.  Don't like rebooting my server out side of the 0400 auto reboot every Wednesday because it takes too long for Plex to become stable.  I started that automated reboot a couple years ago because after my server was up for 3 weeks to a month it became sluggish to unresponsive. 

I downgraded to 6.5.3 rebooted, to retain my easy downgrade to the stable release I know works,  and then upgraded to 6.6.5.  The first thing I notice is Plex came right up fast...Didn't take it's normal 20 to 40 minutes to be usable inside my network and 40 to 60 minutes out of my network...Both came up immediately...