Cache pool - unmountable

Hello, I was following the instructions in the faq on removing one of my two cache pool ssd's.  Stopped the array, removed cache 2 and when starting the array, cache comes up as u mountable and Has format button.  Obviously I don't want to do that.  I tried to move the cache back to the array but still showing as unmount able.  

What did I do wrong.  Is it because I had pool balanced as -dconvert=raid0 -mconvert=raid1? 

Should I have converted back to raid0 first? 

Any help is appreciated 

14 minutes ago, B_Sinn3d said:

Is it because I had pool balanced as -dconvert=raid0 -mconvert=raid1? 

Yes, the FAQ does warn you that you can only remove devices from a redundant pool, and a raid0 data profile has no redundancy, see here to try and recover your data, though it might not work or only recover partial data in this case.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?do=findComment&comment=543490

4 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Yes, the FAQ does warn you that you can only remove devices from a redundant pool, and a raid0 data profile has no redundancy, see here to try and recover your data, though it might not work or only recover partial data in this case.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?do=findComment&comment=543490

I did see that post and tried to mount the cache device.  Problem is the cache pool was was encrypted.  How can I mount that?

Update:  I ended up reformatting the drive. Luckily I am pretty good about backing up my VMs and Docker apps. 

Thanks for the help.  Next time I need to read the faq a little more closely. 

Edited by B_Sinn3d