Windows 10 backup and restore giving a "media is write protected" error message

Hi, 

I been having problems with Backup and Restore in Windows 10 where I get a error message of media is write protected, and for the life of me I can't figure out what is wrong I tried deleting the whole destination folder through midnight commander. I even tried creating a separate share just for the backup. Can anyone help me with this?

Disclosure:  I do not run Windows 10

It is not completely clear as to what you are trying to do.  Can we assume that you are trying to backup (data or image?)  from your win10 computer directly to a share on your Unraid server?  If that is the case, I would further assume that you are seeing an error message from Windows.  

From the problems which I  have had with Win7 imaging of the OS, I would suspect that the Win10 is actually having permission problems.  I know that with Win7, one can have all kinds of problems with permissions when you are using the backup/restore utility or doing any type of file operations on the files it creates.  

Try making the backup to another device like a USB drive and work with those files.  If that works, you could then try to map an Unraid share as a drive and do the operation on the mapped drive and see if you get the same result.