Transfer speeds to and from server not quite as fast as I'd expect

Meller

I have an SSD cache pool.  It's running nothing crazy.  2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB and 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB for a total of 1TB of cache space.

Now I know that a pool does not equate to Raid 0 speeds.  So I'm in no way expecting ~ 3x SSD raid 0 speeds.

My main PC is 100% Samsung 970 EVO/Pro NVME drives only.  Both my unraid server and my main PC all go through the same switch.  It's a 1000MB (1 gig) switch.  My server shows it's full duplex and so does my PC.  So the question is, why is it when I'm using FileZilla (or even windows explorer) to transfer files either to or from my server, I usually cap at ~ 100Mbps (give or take about 10Mbps).  Why aren't I transferring at SSD speeds rather than HDD speeds?  My NVME drives are more than fast enough to cap at the SSD's max speeds.

And the data I'm transferring to/from is coming off the SSD's.  That I'm 100% sure of.

To add, when I click on my SSD drives in the cache pool, two out of the three drives says SATA version:SATA 3.1, 6.0 Gb/s (current: 3.0 Gb/s), while the last one says SATA version:SATA 3.3, 6.0 Gb/s (current: 6.0 Gb/s).  They are connected directly to the motherboard via SATA cables.

EDIT: I lied,  the only  SSD that is coming in at 6Gb/s is a Crucial MX500 250GB.

EDIT #2: I'm an idiot... partially.  I just realized Filezilla is reporting it in Megabytes not bits.  So I'm getting ~90-110MB/s thus, I'm saturating my 1Gigabit connection properly. And given the SSD's are 6Gbps (600MB/s) drives, I realized I'm capped at my network speed, not drive speed.  But that still leaves to question why 2 out of the three SSD's are currently at 3Gb/s instead of 6Gb/s.

Edited by Meller

Be careful. you seem to mixing bits (b)  and Bytes (B)  you have a 1000Mb switch, NOT a 1000MB switch.  Make sure that you are not getting transfer speeds of 100MB per second (most file managers give the transfer speed in MB/s) which is approximately the raw transfer rate of a 1000Mb/s Ethernet connection.  You also have to allow for file management overhead to create the file name and allocate space on the drive.  Big files (>5GB) transfer at significant higher speeds than large numbers of smaller (~1KB) files.

2 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Be careful. you seem to mixing bits (b)  and Bytes (B)  you have a 1000Mb switch, NOT a 1000MB switch.  Make sure that you are not getting transfer speeds of 100MB per second (most file managers give the transfer speed in MB/s) which is approximately the raw transfer rate of a 1000Mb/s Ethernet connection.  You also have to allow for file management overhead to create the file name and allocate space on the drive.  Big files (>5GB) transfer at significant higher speeds than large numbers of smaller (~1KB) files.

Yea, I had already realized I misread Filezilla.  Didn't realize it was transferring at MB/s not Mbps.   I admitted me being an idiot lol