Unraid 6.6.x problem with NFS mounts

When I mount NFS shares (after the second NFS mount) I cannot list the "/mnt/disks/" anymore and unraid becomes very unresponsive, so much that even restart got stuck for so long that I had to manually press the server reset button. I posted the message here but was asked to post on the General Support and/or the UD plugin support.

Maybe someone experienced this and can help me?

I'm attaching 2 diagnostics zip files, one after launch into 6.6.3 and before the 2 NFS mounts, and the other after the NFS mounts, the last one should show the problem.

Thanks,

Jorge

unraid-diagnostics-6.6.3-after-NFS-mount.zip

unraid-diagnostics-6.6.3-before-NFS-mount.zip

A few more details about this issue...

1) I removed all the NFS mounts and got the same issues with just Samba

2) I also noticed that the server web interface does not come up when using my 10Gb desktop machine, if stays loading forever, I can do the login authentication but never seem to be able to get anything from nginx. But the web UI works fine over WiFi or even on my gigabit network

3) I do have a Chelsio S310E-CR 10Gb card on my unraid server. The server also includes 4 x Gigabit cards, they are all grouped on the same interface (so, 10Gb + 4x1Gb on the same group)

4) unraid 6.5.3 works fine. but 6.6.x goes nuts, and I tried all versions, 6.6.0, 6.6.1, 6.6.2 and 6.6.3, they all behave the same :(

So, I was incorrectly blamming NFS, but the problem seems to be 10G networking in general and not NFS or Samba. So, maybe the Chelsio card is the problem? Anyone has any issues with the Chelsio 10Gb cards and unraid 6.6.x?

Thanks,

Jorge

• 7 months later...

Sorry for bumping old thread. 

I have been using unraid for Win VM Gaming for almost 2 years now, mainly for gaming with Windows wm.

Once my Asustor nas came unresponsive (mounted via SAMBA to unraid) and after that tried to unmount and got exactly same behavior as you say.

Now i did setup FreeNAS vm and i'am running Windows vm + Linux vm. If i have mounted NFS shares to unraid and i shut down the FreeNAS vm, this same thing happens, i can't unmount, i can't shut down the array. If i open terminal and do "umount -l /mnt/disks/<TAB>" if i press tab my unraid freezes and i really can't do anything and if i shut down the system it doens't do a clean shutdown so i have to check array every time. 

However if i do not press TAB and i know the mounted folder name, i'am able to lazy unmount the NFS/SAMBA share and i can do a clean reboot.

Did you find any real solution to this?

Edited by failurep