Plex (OEM) docker

opentoe

There is no live link for support for the docker from Plex themselves. Trying to set it up, which I've done many times. Trying to add a simple TVshows section and cannot find the folder using the 'add folders' area when setting it up. The true path of the TVshows are at /mnt/user/tvmovies/tvshows but that doesn't show up when I click on "mnt" in the list. I tried searching for that folder in every folder and cannot find it. I know I'm doing something stupid wrong, I usually do. Here is a screen shot showing the folder list. The second screen capture is what is really supposed to be in when I click in the "mnt" folder. Why those folders are not showing up when in setting up the Plex folders is making me scratch my head. I can always try another docker, made by some one else, but thought the company's docker would be updated the quickest and run the best. Maybe I'm wrong.

tvshows.jpg

Here is what is supposed to be in the "mnt" folder. 

tvshows2.jpg

4 hours ago, opentoe said:

The true path of the TVshows are at /mnt/user/tvmovies/tvshows but that doesn't show up when I click on "mnt" in the list.

Do you have a docker volume mapping that maps to /mnt/user/tvmovies/tvshows or did you just do something like map /data (container path) to /mnt/user (host path)?  If you did the latter you should be looking under data in the folder list and then drill down to tvmovies/tvshows

Ahh, looks like it was a DUMB mistake as usual on my part. I did not map the 'data' path correctly, so that's why nothing was showing up.

Also, when you are in the settings in the Plex server what do you select as the agent for movies? There are three (3) selections there now.

1. Personal Media

2. Plex Movie

3. The Movie Database

I just happen to stick with #3 because that is what I have always used. Anyone use the other options and retrieve all the fan art successfully?                           I can try all three modes, but I have so many movies and TVshows it would take me 3 days just to try them all. Of course I would like to use the ones that have the most content.  I'm guessing The Movie Database is best, since it has been around longer. Thanks for the suggestions.

Right now I am using BINHEX-PLEXPASS. I never had trouble with Plex's own docker, but when making updates to the OS and not stopping the container must have messed something up, so I needed to start all over.

Thank you for the suggestions. And I love the new forum layout! Very nice looking LT!

• 2 weeks later...

I personally use the Official Docker, but I'm sure it doesn't really matter. 

What I did was create all my mount points for my TV Shows, Movies and in Plex then I created 1 folder for Shows and 1 for Movies which Plex could see. 

I used Plex Movies I believe, but not super important I think 

I then moved a few movies into the Folder I created for Movies in Plex. I moved a few Tv Shows into the folder I created for Tv for Plex. Watched them grab the Meta Data and images. I slowly moved more and more until I felt comfortable that everything was working as intended then I mass dumped everything in HUGE groups and its been working fine ever since. Sometimes there is a little glich reguarding a Movie since sometimes there are remakes, but I just use the "Fix Match" option and correct it. 

All my Movies are Labeled as such. 

Transformers.(2007).(720P).(AC3)

../Transformers.(2007).(720P).mkv

All my TvShows are Labeled as such.

Breaking.Bad

../Season 1

../Breaking.Bad.-.S01E01.mkv

../Breaking.Bad.-.S01E02.mkv