Unraid with additional HW Raid setup for NFS

Hi!

I consider Unraid as one of my future storage+VM setups, but need to know some few things before I decide what to do. I tried to google and browse this forum without finding the information I need.

Today I run 8*3TB drives in Raid 10 but are soon getting out of available space. For a lot of the contents i have R10 is a major overkill, while I would need it in some cases for the speed and redundancy for databases, photo and video editing etc.

What I want to do is to be able to use Unraid on the less important data which grows and need new unplanned drives attached to the system, while keeping my hardware raid for the other things that still benefit from such use case. And I want these two arrays (Unraid and R10 separately) to serve as their own unique NFS file share.

I don't want Unraid to interfere with whatever configured at the hardware raid controller, only to do NFS on the raid array mount.

Is this something Unraid can do? Or must everything be in the one and only Unraid array?