can/does/should unRAID send file system events?

My media software (JRiver Media Center) relies on "file system events" to trigger a new file to be imported to their software.  Once new TV shows finish and are moved to their final location via Sonarr/Deluge or Sonarr/SABnzbd, they are not imported to JRiver.  They said JRiver Media Center "relies on file system events (ie. it gets told when something changes), which unRAID seems to not be sending properly. A "correct" SMB implementation would send this, ie. a Windows server would.
We'll ask the server if it can supply notifications, and if it says it does, then we'll rely on that. If it then doesn't actually send those, well."

Do I have something setup wrong here?

Does anyone know if unRAID specifically does or does not trigger system events?  It seems like this would be 'normal' but I'm in no way qualified to have an opinion on this.

I'm not sure where to find a Samba mailing list, nor do I want to try to learn whatever would be required to decipher such a list to look into what seems like a pretty specific and minor issue.

I'd rather the unRAID folks, who likely know all about these things, offer an opinion of what may be happening here, and if it's fixable.

Does unRAID need to be more thorough in triggering these events, or is JRMC just not seeing what's being flagged already.  i.e. who can actually help me fix this issue?

• 1 month later...