Recent instability & slow parity checks

Zylan

My build has been running fine for around a year, but in the past week I have had a few issues flare up which I'm trying to separate.

My cache array is 4 240gb SSD's in RAID 10. This had been running well for a while, however recently unraid had semi-frozen up a few times and one of the ssd's was showing errors.  I replaced the cable, tried a different controller, etc, no change, so I've pulled the dodgy drive and am about to replace.

However, after restarting my array showed one drive had failed - one of my new 8tb drives. I ran extended SMART tests on all the drives and coming back fine. No smart errors at all except 488 reallocated sectors on the parity drive. I wasn't concerned about losing anything on the drive so have rebuilt over the top. This seemed to be ok after rebuilding.

I had also noticed errors on a few other array drives (all drives except SSD's are connected to the same HBA) however those hadn't continued until this morning. 

My server locked up again, and on restart was trying to do a parity check (at 100kb/s) which I couldn't stop, which detected 22 errors in a few minutes. Restarting again seemed to stop that, however parity check's are still very slow. It also takes around 45 seconds to load the settings page for the parity drive, whereas the others are only 1-2 seconds.

hdparm -t shows expected speeds for all the drives (~170mb/s for magnetic, ~500mb/s for ssd's)

I've ordered another 8tb drive to replace the parity, but i'm shooting blind here.

Diagnostics attached. Any advice?

unraid-diagnostics-20181029-1304.zip

Edited by Zylan

Thanks, I forgot to include that I believe the SAS hba (9211-8i) may have been overheating lately. However the issues have persisted since I added more cooling.

I initially discounted this as the first issue was the SSD which was connected directly to the motherboard.

Edited by Zylan