Ideal Memory for unRAID

Socrates

I am running unRAID on ESXi. the host has 128GB memory, however I have allocated 8GB to the unRAID VM.

Will allocating more VM help the environment in any way? Like building parity faster.. ? Currently I dont see any lag on unRAID server, nor do i see anything running slow. Grafana Stats for memory shows the unraid vm has never used memory beyond 60-70% in the past 3 months. However it did touch 100% and was throttling initially when i was building parity and was copying data from my previous raid server.

So I know unRAID's recommendation for memory is maxed out at 32GB.. but in my case i already have 128GB memory, and can make use of some on the unRAID server vm, do u recommend me to bump up the memory? Any benefit in the future?

7 minutes ago, uldise said:

like other Linux, unraid uses all available memory as a cache too. so, what are other apps you are running on your unraid?

I am running Plex, Grafana, Telegraf, InfluxDB, NextCloud, HDDTemp right now, its a new setup.. So I am still exploring around. I am gonna go look for the thread here on the forum to see what other goodies people use on unraid.

I dont plan to host virtual machines on the server, as i would rather prefer them to be hosted on the esxi server directly.