Device Limit Understanding

Hey everyone! Although I am sure this question has already been asked and answered, I haven't had the time to dig through these forums. All of my parts for my server will arrive tomorrow and I plan on assembling it all that night. My question was regarding the device limit on the basic version of the unraid OS.

My System will include the following

1 - 6 TB Parity Drive

1 - 6 TB HDD in the Pool

1 - SSD Cache Drive

1 - SSD unassigned device for VM / Plex Metadata storage

1 - CD/DVD Drive

and the bootable flash drive

I read that the flash drive does not count toward the device number, which is awesome. But I was just wondering if the CD/DVD Drive and the unassinged device drive counts in that limit? I am assuming that they do, which is whatever. I won't be expanding really any time soon, but I would have 1 open device anyway with the current configuration.

So, would I end up with 5/6, 4/6, or 3/6? I appreciate anyone that stops by and answers my question!

3 minutes ago, thagen8 said:

So this brings me to another question. I just put a CD in the Optical Drive and it didn't even show up in my unraid "main" tab. Is there any way that I could access the Optical Drive from my main Windows 10 machine on my network?

Adding to this. Would this be a viable solution.

Create a windows VM and pass the Optical Drive through to it.

Then all the drive to be shareable via various Windows settings.

Finally connect to the drive but using the VM?

I don't even know if this is possible, but it would be nice to find out.