VM's vanished after unclean shutdown - "Libvirt Service failed to start."

Hi All,

Recently had an unclean shutdown - just tapped off the power switch by accident.  After rebooting the two vm's I have set up (windows and linux) were missing.   When I stopped and started the VM service it failed to start, giving the error "Libvirt Service failed to start."  I am pointing to the proper ISOs folder, domains folder, and libvert image directly. I am running 6.6.3 but was running 6.6.1 when it happened. 

I have tried rebooting the box.  On fresh boot it will show th VM's tab with no images.  On restarting the VM service I will receive the error noted above.

image.thumb.png.1137291ee3f139e2dccb03c7793a624e.png

tower-diagnostics-20181102-1656.zip

Have you tried rebooting in Safe Mode?    This would eliminate any plugins as being the cause of your problem.

You might want to also try running a file system check on the cache (where I presume the VMs vdisk files are held) as corruption at that level could also cause the symptoms you describe.  If you do not have a cache then you need to run it on the array drive holding the vdisk images.

Edited by itimpi