Upgrading Hardware case question

Melocco

I'm about to do a update on my server. I have the server running great. My question is when I upgrade my cpu and more, I know it should boot up like normal. But I'm upgrading to a new case (Server case finally) and new sas controllers (to get rid of my raid controllers). Should I install the upgrades in the same case just in case something happens, or jump whole hog and change everything at once? I'm going to be using the same mobo, so I could upgrade the CPU first, check for issues then change the raid controllers one at a time to sas. I really don't want to do anything stupid and have to come back on here and have you guys laugh at me (like some people do) because I didn't do something in order like I should.

I'm using 19 drives right now and was wondering if there is anything special I need to do before hand? Should I take a screenshot of the drives and configuration of everything before I take it off line. Not sure of anything else that may need to be done.

I think when I set everything back in the system it should be fine sense the system sees the drives by serial number. I also have all the data on external drives (which I'm keeping external just as backups) so if all else, I can rebuild everything I guess. I just hope I don't have too since I have it running so smoothly now. Main things I'm worried about is my plex docker (took forever to get it to run right (at least to the way I wanted it to run)).

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Mel..

Archived