Guide: How To Use Rclone To Mount Cloud Drives And Play Files

DZMM

I'm not sure what's happened but I can't mount my remote share anymore. It used to just give me this "Failed to start remote control: start server failed: listen tcp 127.0.0.1:5572: bind: address already in use" for a little while and then it would start working again but it's just not working anymore. I have gotten this error for the better part of the day. I've tried changing the port to no avail. I'm not very good with rclone but I did have it functioning and had my plex collection stored remotely but I'm at a loss. I've always had trouble with it using the cleanup script, like it did nothing and then I would have an unclean shutdown and several errors that the parity check would automatically run and fix but now I'm getting absolutely nowhere with it. I've attached the user script log but I think it's pretty generic and not telling too much.

log.txt

Having a few problems with the script - it works ok until a rebbot happens.

Main problem is it seems to be putting downloads in to

/GMerged/secure/secure/downloads

/GLocal/secure/secure/downloads

Seems to be adding an extra secure directory? (which is messing up radarr etc)

7 minutes ago, neeiro said:

Having a few problems with the script - it works ok until a rebbot happens.

Main problem is it seems to be putting downloads in to

/GMerged/secure/secure/downloads

/GLocal/secure/secure/downloads

Seems to be adding an extra secure directory? (which is messing up radarr etc)

Edit your script and remove what i presume is your remote name secure because it auto creates that folder inside gmerged and glocal

It will always duplicate the path If you dont change the path on the script

Edited by sheldz8
On 8/19/2021 at 6:32 PM, jwiese997 said:

I'm not sure what's happened but I can't mount my remote share anymore. It used to just give me this "Failed to start remote control: start server failed: listen tcp 127.0.0.1:5572: bind: address already in use" for a little while and then it would start working again but it's just not working anymore. I have gotten this error for the better part of the day. I've tried changing the port to no avail. I'm not very good with rclone but I did have it functioning and had my plex collection stored remotely but I'm at a loss. I've always had trouble with it using the cleanup script, like it did nothing and then I would have an unclean shutdown and several errors that the parity check would automatically run and fix but now I'm getting absolutely nowhere with it. I've attached the user script log but I think it's pretty generic and not telling too much.

log.txt 38.26 kB · 0 downloads

In your unmount script add pkill (port) sometimes it doesn't remove the rclone web GUI port by itself

Edited by sheldz8
On 8/18/2021 at 11:07 AM, Bjur said:

Hi I've received this mail from Google, do I need to do anything to not loose files with this plugin:

A security update will be applied to Drive

On September 13, 2021, Drive will apply a security update to make file sharing more secure. This update will change the links used for some files, and may lead to some new file access requests. Access to these files won't change for people who have already viewed them.

What do I need to do?

You can choose to remove this security update in Drive, but removing the update is not recommended and should only be considered for files that are posted publicly. Learn more

After the update is applied, you can avoid new access requests by distributing the updated link to your file(s). Follow instructions in the Drive documentation

Which files will the update be applied to?

See files with the security update

Anyone? 

41 minutes ago, sheldz8 said:

Edit your script and remove what i presume is your remote name secure because it auto creates that folder inside gmerged and glocal

It will always duplicate the path If you dont change the path on the script

Thanks,

I've commented out:

#RcloneRemoteName="secure" # Name of rclone remote mount WITHOUT ':'.

In both upload and mount script - is this correct?

/

14 minutes ago, sheldz8 said:

No I meant for the path to the local and mergerfs folders

Is this correct now?

My scripts look like this...

#!/bin/bash

######################
#### Mount Script ####
######################
## Version 0.96.9.2 ##
######################

####### EDIT ONLY THESE SETTINGS #######

# INSTRUCTIONS
# 1. Change the name of the rclone remote and shares to match your setup
# 2. NOTE: enter RcloneRemoteName WITHOUT ':'
# 3. Optional: include custom command and bind mount settings
# 4. Optional: include extra folders in mergerfs mount

# REQUIRED SETTINGS
RcloneRemoteName="secure" # Name of rclone remote mount WITHOUT ':'. NOTE: Choose your encrypted remote for sensitive data
RcloneMountShare="/mnt/user/GDrive" # where your rclone remote will be located without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_rclone
RcloneMountDirCacheTime="720h" # rclone dir cache time
LocalFilesShare="/mnt/user/Glocal" # location of the local files and MountFolders you want to upload without trailing slash to rclone e.g. /mnt/user/local. Enter 'ignore' to disable
RcloneCacheShare="/mnt/user0/GDrive" # location of rclone cache files without trailing slash e.g. /mnt/user0/mount_rclone
RcloneCacheMaxSize="400G" # Maximum size of rclone cache
RcloneCacheMaxAge="336h" # Maximum age of cache files
MergerfsMountShare="/mnt/user/GMerged" # location without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_mergerfs. Enter 'ignore' to disable
DockerStart="nzbget plex sonarr radarr ombi" # list of dockers, separated by space, to start once mergerfs mount verified. Remember to disable AUTOSTART for dockers added in docker settings page
#MountFolders=\{"downloads/complete,downloads/intermediate,downloads/seeds,movies,tv"\} # comma separated list of folders to create within the mount
# Note: Again - remember to NOT use ':' in your remote name above

# OPTIONAL SETTINGS

# Add extra paths to mergerfs mount in addition to LocalFilesShare
LocalFilesShare2="ignore" # without trailing slash e.g. /mnt/user/other__remote_mount/or_other_local_folder.  Enter 'ignore' to disable
LocalFilesShare3="ignore"
LocalFilesShare4="ignore"

I've taken out rcloneuploadremotename..

#!/bin/bash

######################
### Upload Script ####
######################
### Version 0.95.5 ###
######################

# INSTRUCTIONS
# 1. Edit the settings below to match your setup
# 3. Optional: Add additional commands or filters
# 4. Optional: Use bind mount settings for potential traffic shaping/monitoring
# 5. Optional: Use service accounts in your upload remote
# 6. Optional: Use backup directory for rclone sync jobs

# REQUIRED SETTINGS
RcloneCommand="move" # choose your rclone command e.g. move, copy, sync
RcloneRemoteName="secure" # Name of rclone remote mount WITHOUT ':'.
RcloneUploadRemoteName="" If you have a second remote created for uploads put it here.  Otherwise use the same remote as RcloneRemoteName.
LocalFilesShare="/mnt/user/Glocal" # location of the local files without trailing slash you want to rclone to use
RcloneMountShare="/mnt/user/GDrive" # where your rclone mount is located without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_rclone
MinimumAge="15m" # sync files suffix ms|s|m|h|d|w|M|y
ModSort="ascending" # "ascending" oldest files first, "descending" newest files first

# Bandwidth limits: specify the desired bandwidth in kBytes/s, or use a suffix b|k|M|G. Or 'off' or '0' for unlimited.  The script uses --drive-stop-on-upload-limit which stops the script if the 750GB/day limit is achieved, so you no longer have to slow 'trickle' your files all day if you don't want to e.g. could just do an unlimited job overnight.
BWLimit1Time="01:00"
BWLimit1="off"
BWLimit2Time="08:00"
BWLimit2="15M"
BWLimit3Time="16:00"
BWLimit3="12M"

# OPTIONAL SETTINGS

# Add name to upload job
JobName="_daily_upload" # Adds custom string to end of checker file.  Useful if you're running multiple jobs against the same remote.

# Add extra commands or filters
Command1="--exclude downloads/**"
Command2=""
Command3=""
Command4=""
Command5=""
Command6=""
Command7=""
Command8=""

1 hour ago, sheldz8 said:

In your unmount script add pkill (port) sometimes it doesn't remove the rclone web GUI port by itself

I did figure out the problem, it had files in the local folder that was causing the issues from the last reboot. That's the problem with my umount script. It doesn't really do anything and it causes an unclean shutdown. Here's my script. I'd gladly take any advice on how to do these better.

Unmount:

#!/bin/bash

#######################
### Cleanup Script ####
#######################
#### Version 0.9.2 ####
#######################

echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Starting rclone_cleanup script ***"

####### Cleanup Tracking Files #######

echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Removing Tracking Files ***"

find /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes -name dockers_started* -delete
find /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes -name mount_running* -delete
find /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes -name upload_running* -delete
echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: ***Finished Cleanup! ***"

exit

Here's my mount script:

#!/bin/bash

######################
#### Mount Script ####
######################
## Version 0.96.9.2 ##
######################

# INSTRUCTIONS

# REQUIRED SETTINGS
RcloneRemoteName="gdrive_media_vfs" # Name of rclone remote mount WITHOUT ':'. NOTE: Choose your encrypted remote for sensitive data
RcloneMountShare="/mnt/user/mount_rclone" # where your rclone remote will be located without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_rclone
LocalFilesShare="/mnt/user/local" # location of the local files and MountFolders you want to upload without trailing slash to rclone e.g. /mnt/user/local. Enter 'ignore' to disable
RcloneCacheShare="/mnt/user0/mount_rclone" # location of rclone cache files without trailing slash e.g. /mnt/user0/mount_rclone
MergerfsMountShare="/mnt/user/mergerfs" # location without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_mergerfs. Enter 'ignore' to disable
DockerStart="plex binhex-sonarr binhex-delugevpn binhex-radarr radarr sabnzbd ombi tautulli" # list of dockers, separated by space, to start once mergerfs mount verified. Remember to disable AUTOSTART for dockers added in docker settings page
MountFolders=\{"Downloads/completed,Downloads/incomplete,Downloads/zipped"\} # comma separated list of folders to create within the mount

# OPTIONAL SETTINGS

LocalFilesShare2="ignore" # without trailing slash e.g. /mnt/user/other__remote_mount/or_other_local_folder.  Enter 'ignore' to disable

Command1="--rc"
Command2="--allow-non-empty"
Command3=""
Command4=""
Command5=""
Command6=""
Command7=""
Command8=""

CreateBindMount="N" # Y/N. Choose whether to bind traffic to a particular network adapter
RCloneMountIP="192.168.1.240" # My unraid IP is 172.30.12.2 so I create another similar IP address
NetworkAdapter="eth0" # choose your network adapter. eth0 recommended
VirtualIPNumber="2" # creates eth0:x e.g. eth0:1.  I create a unique virtual IP addresses for each mount & upload so I can monitor and traffic shape for each of them

8 minutes ago, neeiro said:

/

Is this correct now?

My scripts look like this...

#!/bin/bash

######################
#### Mount Script ####
######################
## Version 0.96.9.2 ##
######################

# INSTRUCTIONS

# REQUIRED SETTINGS
RcloneRemoteName="secure" # Name of rclone remote mount WITHOUT ':'. NOTE: Choose your encrypted remote for sensitive data
RcloneMountShare="/mnt/user/GDrive" # where your rclone remote will be located without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_rclone
LocalFilesShare="/mnt/user/Glocal" # location of the local files and MountFolders you want to upload without trailing slash to rclone e.g. /mnt/user/local. Enter 'ignore' to disable
RcloneCacheShare="/mnt/user0/GDrive" # location of rclone cache files without trailing slash e.g. /mnt/user0/mount_rclone
MergerfsMountShare="/mnt/user/GMerged" # location without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_mergerfs. Enter 'ignore' to disable
DockerStart="nzbget plex sonarr radarr ombi" # list of dockers, separated by space, to start once mergerfs mount verified. Remember to disable AUTOSTART for dockers added in docker settings page
#MountFolders=\{"downloads/complete,downloads/intermediate,downloads/seeds,movies,tv"\} # comma separated list of folders to create within the mount

# OPTIONAL SETTINGS

LocalFilesShare2="ignore" # without trailing slash e.g. /mnt/user/other__remote_mount/or_other_local_folder.  Enter 'ignore' to disable

I've taken out rcloneuploadremotename..

#!/bin/bash

######################
### Upload Script ####
######################
### Version 0.95.5 ###
######################

# INSTRUCTIONS
# 1. Edit the settings below to match your setup
# 3. Optional: Add additional commands or filters
# 4. Optional: Use bind mount settings for potential traffic shaping/monitoring
# 5. Optional: Use service accounts in your upload remote
# 6. Optional: Use backup directory for rclone sync jobs

# REQUIRED SETTINGS
RcloneCommand="move" # choose your rclone command e.g. move, copy, sync
RcloneRemoteName="secure" # Name of rclone remote mount WITHOUT ':'.
RcloneUploadRemoteName="" If you have a second remote created for uploads put it here.  Otherwise use the same remote as RcloneRemoteName.
LocalFilesShare="/mnt/user/Glocal" # location of the local files without trailing slash you want to rclone to use
RcloneMountShare="/mnt/user/GDrive" # where your rclone mount is located without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_rclone
MinimumAge="15m" # sync files suffix ms|s|m|h|d|w|M|y
ModSort="ascending" # "ascending" oldest files first, "descending" newest files first

# Bandwidth limits: specify the desired bandwidth in kBytes/s, or use a suffix b|k|M|G. Or 'off' or '0' for unlimited.  The script uses --drive-stop-on-upload-limit which stops the script if the 750GB/day limit is achieved, so you no longer have to slow 'trickle' your files all day if you don't want to e.g. could just do an unlimited job overnight.
BWLimit1Time="01:00"
BWLimit1="off"
BWLimit2Time="08:00"
BWLimit2="15M"
BWLimit3Time="16:00"
BWLimit3="12M"

# OPTIONAL SETTINGS

# Add name to upload job
JobName="_daily_upload" # Adds custom string to end of checker file.  Useful if you're running multiple jobs against the same remote.

Command1="--exclude downloads/**"
Command2=""
Command3=""
Command4=""
Command5=""
Command6=""
Command7=""
Command8=""

Yes it looks correct

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jwiese997 said:

I did figure out the problem, it had files in the local folder that was causing the issues from the last reboot. That's the problem with my umount script. It doesn't really do anything and it causes an unclean shutdown. Here's my script. I'd gladly take any advice on how to do these better.

Unmount:

#!/bin/bash

#######################
### Cleanup Script ####
#######################
#### Version 0.9.2 ####
#######################

exit

Here's my mount script:

#!/bin/bash

######################
#### Mount Script ####
######################
## Version 0.96.9.2 ##
######################

# INSTRUCTIONS

# REQUIRED SETTINGS
RcloneRemoteName="gdrive_media_vfs" # Name of rclone remote mount WITHOUT ':'. NOTE: Choose your encrypted remote for sensitive data
RcloneMountShare="/mnt/user/mount_rclone" # where your rclone remote will be located without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_rclone
LocalFilesShare="/mnt/user/local" # location of the local files and MountFolders you want to upload without trailing slash to rclone e.g. /mnt/user/local. Enter 'ignore' to disable
RcloneCacheShare="/mnt/user0/mount_rclone" # location of rclone cache files without trailing slash e.g. /mnt/user0/mount_rclone
MergerfsMountShare="/mnt/user/mergerfs" # location without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_mergerfs. Enter 'ignore' to disable
DockerStart="plex binhex-sonarr binhex-delugevpn binhex-radarr radarr sabnzbd ombi tautulli" # list of dockers, separated by space, to start once mergerfs mount verified. Remember to disable AUTOSTART for dockers added in docker settings page
MountFolders=\{"Downloads/completed,Downloads/incomplete,Downloads/zipped"\} # comma separated list of folders to create within the mount

# OPTIONAL SETTINGS

LocalFilesShare2="ignore" # without trailing slash e.g. /mnt/user/other__remote_mount/or_other_local_folder.  Enter 'ignore' to disable

Command1="--rc"
Command3=""
Command4=""
Command5=""
Command6=""
Command7=""
Command8=""

CreateBindMount="N" # Y/N. Choose whether to bind traffic to a particular network adapter
RCloneMountIP="192.168.1.240" # My unraid IP is 172.30.12.2 so I create another similar IP address
VirtualIPNumber="2" # creates eth0:x e.g. eth0:1.  I create a unique virtual IP addresses for each mount & upload so I can monitor and traffic shape for each of them

In your unmount script add this

fusermount -uz /mnt/user/mergerfs/gdrive
fusermount -uz /mnt/user/remote/gdrive

kill -9 $(lsof -t -i:5572)

Edited by sheldz8
1 hour ago, sheldz8 said:

Yes it looks correct

ok getting this error now (tried a reboot too)...

21.08.2021 15:51:06 INFO: Creating secure mergerfs mount.
mv: cannot move '/mnt/user/GMerged/secure' to '/mnt/user/Glocal/secure/secure': File exists
fuse: mountpoint is not empty
fuse: if you are sure this is safe, use the 'nonempty' mount option
21.08.2021 15:51:06 INFO: Checking if secure mergerfs mount created.
21.08.2021 15:51:06 CRITICAL: secure mergerfs mount failed. Stopping dockers.

deleted /mnt/user/Glocal/secure/secure

ran script again...

2021/08/21 16:30:43 DEBUG : 5 go routines active
21.08.2021 16:30:43 INFO: *** Creating mount for remote secure
21.08.2021 16:30:43 INFO: sleeping for 5 seconds
2021/08/21 16:30:43 NOTICE: Serving remote control on http://localhost:5572/
2021/08/21 16:30:44 Fatal error: Can not open: /mnt/user/GDrive/secure: open /mnt/user/GDrive/secure: transport endpoint is not connected
21.08.2021 16:30:48 INFO: continuing...
21.08.2021 16:30:48 CRITICAL: secure mount failed - please check for problems. Stopping dockers

24 minutes ago, neeiro said:

mv: cannot move '/mnt/user/GMerged/secure' to '/mnt/user/Glocal/secure/secure': File exists

ran script again...

2021/08/21 16:30:44 Fatal error: Can not open: /mnt/user/GDrive/secure: open /mnt/user/GDrive/secure: transport endpoint is not connected
21.08.2021 16:30:48 CRITICAL: secure mount failed - please check for problems. Stopping dockers

Post your full mount script and rclone config without passwords please

Edited by DZMM
15 hours ago, neeiro said:

ran script again...

make sure the cloud drive and merger fs isn't connected then try 

rm -R /mnt/user/GDrive/* && rm -R /mnt/user/GMerged/*

this is what my mount script looks like https://paste.ofcode.org/Li22XDSVufY46FneMfMk8J

The reason for that error is because you already have the folder so it can't mount and by using --allow-non-empty is actually bad 

Edited by sheldz8
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, jwiese997 said:

Unmount:

#!/bin/bash

#######################
### Cleanup Script ####
#######################
#### Version 0.9.2 ####
#######################

exit

Here's my mount script:

#!/bin/bash

######################
#### Mount Script ####
######################
## Version 0.96.9.2 ##
######################

# INSTRUCTIONS

# REQUIRED SETTINGS

# OPTIONAL SETTINGS

Command1="--rc"
Command3=""
Command4=""
Command5=""
Command6=""
Command7=""
Command8=""

my unmount script looks like this https://paste.ofcode.org/ZYazHbS2rf8EKRwSiVV9ff

2 hours ago, sheldz8 said:

make sure the cloud drive and merger fs isn't connected then try 

rm -R /mnt/user/GDrive/* && rm -R /mnt/user/GMerged/*

this is what my mount script looks like https://paste.ofcode.org/35uqHBeTNxgT9jRr6eiPcRG

The reason for that error is because you already have the folder so it can't mount and by using --allow-non-empty is actually bad 

Thanks - That seems to have got it working

• Like 1

#!/bin/bash

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#first

section makes the folders for the mount in the /mnt/disks folder so docker containers can have access

#there

are 4 entries below as in the video i had 4 remotes amazon,dropbox, google and secure

#you

only need as many as what you need to mount for dockers or a network share

mkdir -p /mnt/disks/tdrive

mkdir -p /mnt/disks/gdrive

#This

section mounts the various cloud storage into the folders that were created above.

rclone mount --max-read-ahead 1024k --allow-other tdrive: /mnt/disks/tdrive &

rclone mount --max-read-ahead 1024k --allow-other gdrive: /mnt/disks/gdrive &

this is my script at the moment I would like to add unionfs to this how do I do it, not bothered about uploading or having it encrypted as I have 230tb already on a tdrive that is unencrypted.

it’s really only tdrive that has my data on it

5 minutes ago, Spoonsy1480 said:

#!/bin/bash

#first

section makes the folders for the mount in the /mnt/disks folder so docker containers can have access

#there

are 4 entries below as in the video i had 4 remotes amazon,dropbox, google and secure

#you

#This

section mounts the various cloud storage into the folders that were created above.

this is my script at the moment I would like to add unionfs to this how do I do it, not bothered about uploading or having it encrypted as I have 230tb already on a tdrive that is unencrypted.

You can create a union mount https://forums.unraid.net/topic/75436-guide-how-to-use-rclone-to-mount-cloud-drives-and-play-files/?do=findComment&comment=909328

31 minutes ago, Spoonsy1480 said:

#!/bin/bash

#first

#there

#you

#This

I have rclone setup along with mergerfs and I don't use the upload script

I prefer mergerfs to union

My mergerfs mount script https://paste.ofcode.org/Li22XDSVufY46FneMfMk8J (1st half of the original)

My unmount script https://paste.ofcode.org/ZYazHbS2rf8EKRwSiVV9ff

Edited by sheldz8
7 hours ago, sheldz8 said:

I have rclone setup along with mergerfs and I don't use the upload script

I prefer mergerfs to union

My mergerfs mount script https://paste.ofcode.org/Li22XDSVufY46FneMfMk8J (1st half of the original)

My unmount script https://paste.ofcode.org/ZYazHbS2rf8EKRwSiVV9ff

Your rcloneremtename would I change mine to tdrive and would I change the rclonemountshare to /mnt/disks/ as that where mine is?

Do I add the rclonecacheshsare the same as yours as user0.

And the local file share you have /mnt/user/local I don’t have local in my user file?

32 minutes ago, Spoonsy1480 said:

Your rcloneremtename would I change mine to tdrive and would I change the rclonemountshare to /mnt/disks/ as that where mine is?

Do I add the rclonecacheshsare the same as yours as user0.

And the local file share you have /mnt/user/local I don’t have local in my user file?

Your remote name is what you set with rclone config

Your remote share should be in it's own folder example /mnt/user/remote and mergerfs /mnt/user/mergerfs and local /mnt/user/local

The cache share can be any folder but just leave it like mine if you want to

On 4/13/2021 at 6:41 AM, Bjur said:

You can just do as I do. Use exclusion to exclude metadata and subs from being uploaded.

I might have asked this before (can't seem to find it)... but are the exclusions on the upload script? Do you have something else to move them so that they are somewhere on the array - or do they basically stay in /local/  ? 

I have mergerFS joining my files from my Array: /mnt/user/Videos, Cache Drive: /mnt/user/local, and of course Rclone mount/cloud.

Wondering if there's a way to force mergerFS to only copy certain files directly to /mnt/user/Videos. 

6 hours ago, axeman said:

I might have asked this before (can't seem to find it)... but are the exclusions on the upload script? Do you have something else to move them so that they are somewhere on the array - or do they basically stay in /local/  ? 

I have mergerFS joining my files from my Array: /mnt/user/Videos, Cache Drive: /mnt/user/local, and of course Rclone mount/cloud.

Wondering if there's a way to force mergerFS to only copy certain files directly to /mnt/user/Videos. 

The exclusions are on the upload script but I think it deletes the whole folder afterwards.

Whatever is in the local folder will be copied over unless it is excluded.

Edited by sheldz8