Guide: How To Use Rclone To Mount Cloud Drives And Play Files

DZMM

59 minutes ago, Allfather said:

Thank you again for the reply.

I've added that script at both Array Start and Array Stop but the folder is still being created and thus, by my conclusion, has to be created within the rclone-mount script https://github.com/BinsonBuzz/unraid_rclone_mount/blob/latest---mergerfs-support/rclone_mount

As mentioned in my original post the only changes I've made is to move the rclone mount- and cache share to a SSD Mirror.  (The 'inconvenient issue' is present even though running an unmodified script)

Are you sure another app or docker isn't creating the folder?  E.g. Are all your dockers that use the mount starting AFTER a successful mount, rather than at array start?

2 hours ago, DZMM said:

Are you sure another app or docker isn't creating the folder?  E.g. Are all your dockers that use the mount starting AFTER a successful mount, rather than at array start?

For the sake of troubleshooting I disabled autostart on all dockers as well as disabled the dockers to start within the script but I still get the folder created

For the sake of troubleshooting I disabled autostart on all dockers as well as disabled the dockers to start within the script but I still get the folder created

With all the dockers disabled, did the script make the folder right at the mount? Is there a Docker container that may have an incorrect mapping that is creating that folder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3 minutes ago, Roudy said:

With all the dockers disabled, did the script make the folder right at the mount? Is there a Docker container that may have an incorrect mapping that is creating that folder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The folder is still being created despite no dockers being started, either by the script or by the service.

No docker (autostart or manual) has a reference to the root folder (they all mount to the /media folder except for one mounting to folders outside the gdrive_vfs) 

Looks like we are getting down to the wire on Google Workspace transition. Getting the email below now. Any recommendations/thoughts?
One user, just over 7TB (growing slowly). 

Hello Administrator,

We previously notified you that your G Suite subscription will transition to a Google Workspace subscription. We’re writing to let you know that you can now begin your transition. There are two options:

Option 1 (recommended): Self-transition now in a few easy steps.

Option 2: Let Google transition you automatically once your organization is eligible*, starting from January 31, 2022. We will provide you with at least 30 days notice before your transition date.
(There's more but relatively un-important)

Edited by sol
spelling
5 hours ago, Allfather said:

The folder is still being created despite no dockers being started, either by the script or by the service.

No docker (autostart or manual) has a reference to the root folder (they all mount to the /media folder except for one mounting to folders outside the gdrive_vfs) 

That's all the suggestions I have. I'm sure there is a setting/script somewhere adding it. Maybe check you SMB config maybe? That's all I have. You'll find it eventually. I wouldn't worry too much about it since it isn't affecting anything.

7 hours ago, Playerz said:

If i wanted to create a backup folder of my appdata folder of unraid, and upload it to my gdrive, how should i go about doing that? 

Create a new remote called backup? or is there a fancy way of doing this? 

Should be pretty easy. Just add a "backup" folder to the "MountFolders" portion of the mount script. Then use the "CA Backup / Restore Appdata" plugin and point the "Destination Share:" to that folder.

14 hours ago, Roudy said:

Should be pretty easy. Just add a "backup" folder to the "MountFolders" portion of the mount script. Then use the "CA Backup / Restore Appdata" plugin and point the "Destination Share:" to that folder.

If the backup is a copy of your appdata folder, with potentially hundreds of thousands of files, I would recommend creating a new tdrive to keep the files away from your media mount, as streaming performance gets worse once a tdrive has more than around 100k files.

To be honest if you're just copying or syncing files you don't need this script, just run a separate rclone sync job (although the script does have the facility to do basic versioning)

4 hours ago, DZMM said:

If the backup is a copy of your appdata folder, with potentially hundreds of thousands of files, I would recommend creating a new tdrive to keep the files away from your media mount, as streaming performance gets worse once a tdrive has more than around 100k files.

The CA Backup puts it all into a .tgz file, so it makes it nice and simple. The file can get pretty large though. mine sits aroung 70G. 

On 11/15/2021 at 12:28 PM, Roudy said:

Your thinking is incorrect. The easiest way to see this on Unraid in under the "Main" tab. On the right hand side of the disks listed, you will see an icon. If you click on that for the different disks, you will see the same folders in multiple locations because the data is split across most of those disks. It also depends on your cache settings as well.

After thinking this all over it would seem that having everything bound to 'mount_mergerfs' would be optimal. The only problem with that is the original mount script is setup for a cloud only storage solution instead of  hybrid local/cloud storage like mine right?

Would it make sense to then have anything written to 'mount_mergerfs' copy to my 'media' folder instead of 'gdrive_media' which is the standard script config. 'upload/gdrive_media' would then be added to 'LocalFIlesShare2' to combine in mergerfs. The upload script would then point to 'upload'. It would seem that this problem might be solved by doing this inversion?

-data

|-----> local

|         |-----> media

|         |            |-----> downloads

|         |            |-----> tv

|         |-----> upload

|                      |-----> gdrive_media

|                                      |-----> tv

|-----> mount_mergerfs

2 hours ago, stefan416 said:

After thinking this all over it would seem that having everything bound to 'mount_mergerfs' would be optimal. The only problem with that is the original mount script is setup for a cloud only storage solution instead of  hybrid local/cloud storage like mine right?

read up on --exclude on the rclone forums - you can stop files being uploaded by folder, type, age, name etc

1 hour ago, DZMM said:

read up on --exclude on the rclone forums - you can stop files being uploaded by folder, type, age, name etc

I was thinking of how one would implement --exclude. I would have to put everything under the 'LocalFilesShare' it seems.

I understand it for use with the downloads folder as you woudl want that to stay local. I cant wrap my head around how to implement that function to maintain folders by default and then move to a separate folder for upload because, as is, the script will upload files/folders as structured in the 'LocalFilesShare'.

Edited by stefan416
3 hours ago, stefan416 said:

I was thinking of how one would implement --exclude. I would have to put everything under the 'LocalFilesShare' it seems.

I understand it for use with the downloads folder as you woudl want that to stay local. I cant wrap my head around how to implement that function to maintain folders by default and then move to a separate folder for upload because, as is, the script will upload files/folders as structured in the 'LocalFilesShare'.

If you go with the exclude route, you could try something below. Then just exclude the local. Just my quick thought without thinking about it too much.

data

|-----> mount_mergerfs

|         |-----> gdrive_media

|         |            |-----> tv

|         |            |        |-----> google

|         |            |        |-----> local

|         |            |-----> movies

|         |            |        |-----> google

|         |            |        |-----> local

|         |            |-----> downloads

On 11/16/2021 at 12:36 PM, sol said:

Looks like we are getting down to the wire on Google Workspace transition. Getting the email below now. Any recommendations/thoughts?
One user, just over 7TB (growing slowly). 

Hello Administrator,

We previously notified you that your G Suite subscription will transition to a Google Workspace subscription. We’re writing to let you know that you can now begin your transition. There are two options:

Option 1 (recommended): Self-transition now in a few easy steps.

Option 2: Let Google transition you automatically once your organization is eligible*, starting from January 31, 2022. We will provide you with at least 30 days notice before your transition date.
(There's more but relatively un-important)

I just got mine as well. I wasn’t too worried before because I had heard that the Enterprise Standard had the unlimited storage just for $20 a month, but I saw today after the email that you need at least 5 people in your organization…. I’m hoping they offer some type of grandfathering for the G Suite users, but if they don’t, anyone want to start a Google business?…. Hahaha

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Roudy said:

I just got mine as well. I wasn’t too worried before because I had heard that the Enterprise Standard had the unlimited storage just for $20 a month, but I saw today after the email that you need at least 5 people in your organization…. I’m hoping they offer some type of grandfathering for the G Suite users, but if they don’t, anyone want to start a Google business?…. Hahaha

If they start enforcing the min 5 requirement (they don't now), then I think that might be the solution - users pairing up in groups of 5.

Edited by DZMM
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, DZMM said:

If they start enforcing the min 5 requirement (they don't now), then I think that might be the solution - users pairing up in groups of 5.

Looks like the 5 user limit isn't enforced:

https://forum.rclone.org/t/gsuite-is-evolving-to-workspace-so-prices-and-tbs-too/19594/113?u=binsonbuzz

I'm running Workspace Enterprise Standard with one license and got unlimited space. Checked with support when signing up and they told me it should remain unlimited. Pay $20 per month, so ends up cheaper than Dropbox which does require 3 active licenses.

4 hours ago, DZMM said:

I guess the question now is, be pro-active and try to get signed up with one user at $20/month unlimited and eat the paltry $8 increase for a few extra months? Or, let them transition me sometime next year and see what they sign me up for. 
Probably a terrible idea to leave it in their hands. I'll likely wait until they start warning me with an actual conversion date before I try to switch. 

4 hours ago, DZMM said:

Looks like the 5 user limit isn't enforced:

I'm hoping that's the case, and that they stick with it. My fear is they get everyone switched and then start enforcing the limits. Only time will tell.

23 minutes ago, sol said:

Probably a terrible idea to leave it in their hands. I'll likely wait until they start warning me with an actual conversion date before I try to switch. 

I'm going to wait until they do it I think. Once forced, I will voice my concerns about losing the unlimited data and hopefully get something in writing from them about it. 

31 minutes ago, sol said:

I guess the question now is, be pro-active and try to get signed up with one user at $20/month unlimited and eat the paltry $8 increase for a few extra months? Or, let them transition me sometime next year and see what they sign me up for. 

I'm in the same boat - but haven't received any email yet - wondering if waiting it out is best or if I should suck it up and do it. 

20 hours ago, DZMM said:

You can definitely buy enterprise standard for one user - here's my page (email just arrived).

$20/mth is still a good deal.

I'm going to purchase the annual plan even though there's no discount, in case Google change their mind ;-)

Good luck! I'll be waiting to see how your transition goes. haha! 😂