Guide: How To Use Rclone To Mount Cloud Drives And Play Files

DZMM

22 minutes ago, francrouge said:

Does plex autoscan works with youre script thx ?

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

yes it does.  You only need this if you are adding files to the mount on a different server to the one plex is running on e.g. @Spladge I believe has mounted rclone on a remote server and Plex is running on his local server, where he's also mounted rclone

@Stupifier got it working - there's also plex_rcs

Edited by DZMM
  • Like 1

Yes - I have rclone mounted on a different server in another country and it is here that my downloads occur. The first thing that confused me was the lack of systemd on unraid.  Thank you for the link, I know Stupifier from elsewhere, he was the one who convinced me to try unraid, I will check out what he has running and save myself some time.

On 12/20/2018 at 10:48 AM, DZMM said:

@Kaizac how are you getting on with your td-->td transfers?  I'm still nervous about doing them e.g. I just moved a two movie folders between td1/adults/  td1/kids using putty and the folders moved ok, but the file inside disappeared!  I just did moved an individual file using putty and that went ok.

I think I'm going to stick with consolidating all my files to gdrive once they've uploaded and doing my moves/edits there.  The lesson here is make sure everything is organised correctly before uploading.

Edit:  Looks like it was a false alarm.  Not sure what how, but the file was also in td2/adults - the file in td1/adults must have been a phantom or something....I just did the same transfer from td2/adults to td2/kids and all was ok - phew!

Sorry I didn't see your question to me, got lost to me in the many posts :).

I'm currently still using only 1 Team Drive. And using 5-6 API's to upload 24/7 which is still working with the 8000k bwlimit. So for me there is no need to create another TD.

4 minutes ago, Kaizac said:

Sorry I didn't see your question to me, got lost to me in the many posts :).

I'm currently still using only 1 Team Drive. And using 5-6 API's to upload 24/7 which is still working with the 8000k bwlimit. So for me there is no need to create another TD.

Thanks - I'm going to give one teamdrive another go.

4 minutes ago, DZMM said:

Thanks - I'm going to give one teamdrive another go.

Only annoying part is that Gdrive is still moving files from my personal gdrive to my tdrive on the back. This has been taking almost a week or something... So that's something to take into account when decide on your final choice.

Also my upload script doesn't cause andy rate limit errors and just starts right away without any errors. Maybe that's also a key to the multiple upload accounts. Hopefully you also get it working!

3 minutes ago, Spladge said:

Dragging between Team Drive and Gdrive is almost instant. But it is a move, not copy.

Are you talking about the WebGUI? If so, then yes it appears to be instant. However it seems to start a move in the background on Google's servers which takes time on big drives.

29 minutes ago, Spladge said:

Yes, near instant. But quick enough. How big is big?
image.png.e1a1bfb82eb0ba7616f3ba9a6207ae1e.png

lol that's insane.  I might have to share servers with you to get some inspiration to beef up my library 🙂

@Spladge are you using multiple uploads to 1 or more teamdrives, or have you just been running one upload for a very long time?

@Kaizac I'm moving a few TBs at a time and going very slow so I don't get duplicate folders.  My slow method is to move from the old TD/gdrive to a 'move' folder on the destination teamdrive and then move the folders to the right folders within the mount using putty/windows

7 minutes ago, Spladge said:

Also - I use traktarr and a lot of Trakt lists.
Plus I have a few different libraries, so 4k movies and Documentary movies and so on.
https://github.com/l3uddz/traktarr

Thanks for this, was looking for something to add Trakt lists with but couldn't find an easy way!

@DZMM thanks for the link to your post, don't know why I overlooked that. Is this your way of backing up your important data now? You wrote that you use Cloudberry, is that the 30 USD license? Do you like it? I'm looking for a solution since Duplicati is dog shit slow. But just tested Cloudberry and even though I chose encryption, it uploaded the plain files to Gdrive... Borg also seems nice, but it's too much scripting which makes me doubt the usefullness when I need to recover/restore.

By the way, since the Teamdrive has a limit of 400k files it might be a smart choice to keep your nfo and srt files and such locally stored. I've excluded those from my upload and wrote a small script to download all the files from my Gdrive to my local server.

3 minutes ago, Kaizac said:

Is this your way of backing up your important data now? You wrote that you use Cloudberry, is that the 30 USD license? Do you like it?

I just use the free version to backup to my local folder that then gets encrypted when stored on google.  Until last week I was using Crashplan for a few weeks, but it only managed to upload about 400GB in about 4 months....Duplicati I used for about 2 days and it started throwing up errors - made me lose confidence in it as a backup solution.  CB did my local backup run really quickly that's now synced to gdrive.

5 minutes ago, Kaizac said:

By the way, since the Teamdrive has a limit of 400k files it might be a smart choice to keep your nfo and srt files and such locally stored.

I did a quick fag packet calculation before I started switching to one teamdrive and I'm ok.  I don't upload anything other than the media files - I'm not sure what value the nfo and srt files are to Plex etc, especially now that Plex's subtitles are getting better (99.99% of my content is in English anyway)??

14 minutes ago, DZMM said:

I just use the free version to backup to my local folder that then gets encrypted when stored on google.  Until last week I was using Crashplan for a few weeks, but it only managed to upload about 400GB in about 4 months....Duplicati I used for about 2 days and it started throwing up errors - made me lose confidence in it as a backup solution.  CB did my local backup run really quickly that's now synced to gdrive.

I did a quick fag packet calculation before I started switching to one teamdrive and I'm ok.  I don't upload anything other than the media files - I'm not sure what value the nfo and srt files are to Plex etc, especially now that Plex's subtitles are getting better (99.99% of my content is in English anyway)??

You use the CloudBerry docker? If so I didn't know it had a free version, will check it out then! Do you just let CB back it up with compression and on file level without encryption and let Rclone handle the encryption?

Yeah it makes a difference that you use Plex. Since it stores it's metadata in appdata. Emby you can choose what you want, so I chose to store it in the media folder, which means I have a lot of small sized files with each media folder. And not needing subtitles makes a lot of difference, unfortunately I'm not so lucky to be native english speaking ;).

12 minutes ago, Kaizac said:

You use the CloudBerry docker? If so I didn't know it had a free version, will check it out then! Do you just let CB back it up with compression and on file level without encryption and let Rclone handle the encryption?

yep docker.  Free version doesn't come with compression but it does block level backups so it's very efficient after the first backup.

46 minutes ago, Kaizac said:

Thanks for that! Currently running my first backup at around 5MB/s. Is that your performance as well?

5MB/s locally or 5MB/s upload to google?  The upload to G is a normal rclone sync, so speed depends on the type of file e.g. lots of photos are slower