Guide: How To Use Rclone To Mount Cloud Drives And Play Files

DZMM

I have tried to follow this guide, Spaceinvaders guide and the Rclone support page and I still can not get this Flipping thing to work with my Gsuite. All it keeps doing is making folders on my server and anything i put in it think its transferring to the Gdrive it just stores locally. I am so frustrated with this.

2 hours ago, tmoran000 said:

I have tried to follow this guide, Spaceinvaders guide and the Rclone support page and I still can not get this Flipping thing to work with my Gsuite. All it keeps doing is making folders on my server and anything i put in it think its transferring to the Gdrive it just stores locally. I am so frustrated with this.

So..... do you want help or are you just venting? If you want help you should give some more info about your config/scripts so we can troubleshoot with you.

Im in the same mind of @kaisac

It needs time and patient. If you want help from others be respectful and positif even if its not working like you want.

Also you need to put more information.

We can't help you without this.

Thank a lot

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Spladge said:

With --fast-list fixed in the latest rclone I thought it was time I updated, but I'm not sure how to do this on unraid - if I try to update the plugin it fails because it is in use. Is there a proper proceedure?

I just reboot and put the scripts to mount off. After plugin is updated I run the scripts again. Maybe there is an easier way though.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Spladge said:

That's exactly what I was going to try. But want to make some adjustments too so will wait until I have a bit more time just in case.

You only  have to uninstall and reinstall the plug-in to update - no need to reboot.  You can risk just doing this in isolation, but I'd recommend unmounting and stopping plex, sonarr etc i.e anything accessing the mounts first.

I'm going to do this when I get home later this week to try the new memory switch

Edited by DZMM

Yes I was Venting. I am to the point where I have 2 remotes, 1 for Gdrive and 1 Secure_Backup for encrypted data but I reset by mount and unmount and I am ready to just pay someone to remote into my stuff and set it up. I think I am over trying to screw with this. so Yes. Was just venting on how overly complicated this seems to be. Thanks.

Edited by tmoran000
9 minutes ago, tmoran000 said:

Yes I was Venting. I am to the point where I have 2 remotes, 1 for Gdrive and 1 Secure_Backup for encrypted data but I reset by mount and unmount and I am ready to just pay someone to remote into my stuff and set it up. I think I am over trying to screw with this. so Yes. Was just venting on how overly complicated this seems to be. Thanks.

Shall we just try to get it fixed for you? If we can't get it done through the forums I can always remote in. I did the same for nuhll free of charge. So don't get frustrated and let's see where you stand?

You mentioned you got a remote for your gdrive and for your encrypted data. The encrypted remote is based on your Gdrive mount right? You should only mount the encrypted remote, not both. So how does your rclone config look like? And what is your mounting script? Does it give any errors?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kaizac said:

Shall we just try to get it fixed for you? If we can't get it done through the forums I can always remote in. I did the same for nuhll free of charge. So don't get frustrated and let's see where you stand?

You mentioned you got a remote for your gdrive and for your encrypted data. The encrypted remote is based on your Gdrive mount right? You should only mount the encrypted remote, not both. So how does your rclone config look like? And what is your mounting script? Does it give any errors?

Thank you, Let me start with what I am trying to accomplish with this. I have unlimited Gdrive through a business account I have. What I would like to do if possible is Make an encrypted back up of my 65Tb of data into one folder on my Gdrive called Secure_Backup and then second I would like to host the remaining of my video files for plex in an encrypted folder on Gdrvie just called Data that Plex users will call video files and decrypt them before I transcode and send out locally.    If this is possible. I am currenly sitting on an Rclone installed that has Auth Completed on Google and 2 Remotes set up that can be removed to start over and default config , mount, unmount so I am completely fresh at this point. Aside from the many guides out there. What would you advise be my fist step with this. Thanks again for the support! I appreciate it very much

5 minutes ago, tmoran000 said:

Thank you, Let me start with what I am trying to accomplish with this. I have unlimited Gdrive through a business account I have. What I would like to do if possible is Make an encrypted back up of my 65Tb of data into one folder on my Gdrive called Secure_Backup and then second I would like to host the remaining of my video files for plex in an encrypted folder on Gdrvie just called Data that Plex users will call video files and decrypt them before I transcode and send out locally.    If this is possible. I am currenly sitting on an Rclone installed that has Auth Completed on Google and 2 Remotes set up that can be removed to start over and default config , mount, unmount so I am completely fresh at this point. Aside from the many guides out there. What would you advise be my fist step with this. Thanks again for the support! I appreciate it very much

I would advice to create Team Drives for each of your purposes. This makes setting up your remotes easier. You can also do it with subfolders.

If you go the Team Drive route you will have for each purpose 2 rclone entries. One is the Gdrive remote and the other is the encrypted remote based on the Gdrive remote. Best would be to create your own Gdrive api if you are the admin of your Gsuite account.

When you created your mounts, try a simple mount command (you can input this through the terminal if you want). Check if you can add files on you Gdrive. You should see them encrypted on your Gdrive web interface.

Let us know how far you get.

5 hours ago, Kaizac said:

I would advice to create Team Drives for each of your purposes. This makes setting up your remotes easier. You can also do it with subfolders.

If you go the Team Drive route you will have for each purpose 2 rclone entries. One is the Gdrive remote and the other is the encrypted remote based on the Gdrive remote. Best would be to create your own Gdrive api if you are the admin of your Gsuite account.

When you created your mounts, try a simple mount command (you can input this through the terminal if you want). Check if you can add files on you Gdrive. You should see them encrypted on your Gdrive web interface.

Let us know how far you get.

So I am clear, I set up a 2 team Drives? 1 for encrypted back up, and 1 for new Encrypted files to stream to Plex.... Also when I make the remotes would . have something like Gdrive and Secure_backup (encrypted) to backup what I have now on  1 Team drive and Gdrive2 and Secured_Files (encrypted) for Team drive 2 to host new files for plex?

5 hours ago, tmoran000 said:

So I am clear, I set up a 2 team Drives? 1 for encrypted back up, and 1 for new Encrypted files to stream to Plex.... Also when I make the remotes would . have something like Gdrive and Secure_backup (encrypted) to backup what I have now on  1 Team drive and Gdrive2 and Secured_Files (encrypted) for Team drive 2 to host new files for plex?

Yes that's what I did. So you make a remote Gdrive and then when setting up your encrypted remote in rclone you put it as Gdrive: or Gdrive:Backup if you want to use a folder within the Team Drive.

Same for your files to stream. Gdrive2 (or Gdrive_Streaming) as remote and the encrypted remote would be Gdrive2: or Gdrive2:Files or whatever names you like.

Important part for Gdrive is that you can upload only 750GB per user per day. So if you want to do some heavier uploading you can create 2 API's and use 2 different email accounts for your rclone config when creating the token.

10 hours ago, Kaizac said:

Yes that's what I did. So you make a remote Gdrive and then when setting up your encrypted remote in rclone you put it as Gdrive: or Gdrive:Backup if you want to use a folder within the Team Drive.

Same for your files to stream. Gdrive2 (or Gdrive_Streaming) as remote and the encrypted remote would be Gdrive2: or Gdrive2:Files or whatever names you like.

Important part for Gdrive is that you can upload only 750GB per user per day. So if you want to do some heavier uploading you can create 2 API's and use 2 different email accounts for your rclone config when creating the token.

This is where I am at so far. Ready to make the Mount/unmount    each Team drive has a folder in it called Secure where I want the files to go, I specified that when I made the Encrypt path

Gdrive_Backup & Gdrive_SecureEN (Encrypted folder)  is one Team drive

Gdrive_Stream & Gdrive_StreamEN (Encrypted Folder is other Team Drive

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 1.52.31 PM.png

Edited by tmoran000

Ok that seems to be fine. Did you safe your passwords for your encrypted mount? If you lose those, you can never access your files again. Just be careful with that.

So now you can create the folders you need for mounting the 2 encrypted mounts. If you want to follow the tutorial of this topic you should create a share called mount_rclone. Within that folder you create 2 empty folders: Gdrive_Stream and Gdrive_Backup or whatever you like.

Then in your mount command you mount the remote to this folder. If it succeeded you can directly copy files to this folder and will show up on your Gdrive web interface.

When that works you can continue with making a union and setting up all the other scripts which is the easiest part.

here is my mount script

#!/bin/bash
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#first section makes the folders for the mount in the /mnt/disks folder so docker containers can have access
#there are 4 entries below as in the video i had 4 remotes amazon,dropbox, google and secure
#you only need as many as what you need to mount for dockers or a network share

mkdir -p /mnt/user/rclone_mount

#This section mounts the various cloud storage into the folders that were created above.

rclone mount --max-read-ahead 1024k --allow-other Gdrive: /mnt/user/rclone_mount &

I am unclear on this line . "rclone mount --max-read-ahead 1024k --allow-other Gdrive: /mnt/user/rclone_mount &" would I have to make an entry for all 4 entries, Drive 1 + encrypt and Drive 2 +encrypt?

here is the share I made

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 2.56.46 PM.png

Try sticking to the scripts in the opening post, they are much better than the mount command you are using.

So to answer your question. You only mount the 2 encrypted remotes.

So you will have 2 mount commands like:

rclone mount --allow-other --buffer-size 1G --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 256M --fast-list --log-level INFO --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off Gdrive_SecureEN: /mnt/user/rclone_mount/Gdrive_Backup &

rclone mount --allow-other --buffer-size 1G --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 256M --fast-list --log-level INFO --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off Gdrive_StreamEN: /mnt/user/rclone_mount/Gdrive_Stream &

These 2 you can just input in your terminal or run them in a user script (choose run in background) and should work. After you've done this you should be able to put files on your mount.

If that happens I would really advise you to read the start post of DZIMM again to see if it makes more sense.

Once I get it working and see the settings that are working going back over will make more sense for sure.

I updated the commands you fixed but I am getting an error on the logs that I have seen before when I have tried the different commands..

####

Script Starting Wed, 13 Feb 2019 15:44:27 -0500

Full logs for this script are available at /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rclone_mount_plugin/log.txt

Script Finished Wed, 13 Feb 2019 15:44:27 -0500

Full logs for this script are available at /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rclone_mount_plugin/log.txt

2019/02/13 15:44:27 Failed to create file system for "Gdrive_StreamEN:": can't point crypt remote at itself - check the value of the remote setting

1 minute ago, tmoran000 said:

Once I get it working and see the settings that are working going back over will make more sense for sure.

I updated the commands you fixed but I am getting an error on the logs that I have seen before when I have tried the different commands..

####

Script Starting Wed, 13 Feb 2019 15:44:27 -0500

Script Finished Wed, 13 Feb 2019 15:44:27 -0500

2019/02/13 15:44:27 Failed to create file system for "Gdrive_StreamEN:": can't point crypt remote at itself - check the value of the remote setting

Please post your rclone config here. Make sure you delete any info like client id

[Gdrive_Backup]
type = drive
scope = drive
token = (removed)
team_drive = (removed)

[Gdrive_SecureEN]
type = crypt
remote = Gdrive_Backup:Secure
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true
password = (removed)
password2 = (removed)